+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I did not get any acknowledgement from VFS yet and no updates so far on my copr processing after passports delivered on Feb 23.
Thanks for your response. I am just curious how long was the actual processing time for people who recently received passport back with CoPR. Was anyone able to find this info in any other forum?

gvrt88

Oct 11, 2020
Same here. Passport reached VFS on Feb 23, no acknowledgement of any sort yet. IRCC status remains unchanged. Someone said 8-10 days but I think its more than that. VFS sucks

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
FYI: I got this email just now from VFS: "Your courier package vide AWB# <fedex_tracking_number_of_principal_applicant> containing your Canada visa application documentation has been received at the visa application Centre in New York but yet to be verified. It will be reviewed and forwarded to the Consulate provided it does not have any deficiencies. Information on processing times can be found on IRCC website."

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Hi,
I have received my RFV email and the PR application consists of 3 members(1 primary applicant and 2 dependents). The email asks me to send my documents to NY VFS. I created an account on the VFS page(https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/) to request for 2 way courier labels and added each member as a separate applicant. When the fee was displayed, it showed $67.8 for each member. The email says that we have to send a single package with documents of all the applicants. But I've come across some posts saying that each passport should be in a separate envelope.
so my queries are-
1. When people say "different envelopes" do they mean 3 separate envelopes which finally goes into 1 package and gets sent as 1 courier or do I have to send 3 separate couriers.
2. Because the price was displayed as $67.8 for each applicant, does that mean that I'll receive 3 courier labels(1 for each member) so that I can send them separately or was I supposed to add only the primary applicant so that I would receive just 1 label for the entire family.
3. Is the cost $67.8 right because I saw a post saying that the price was $22 and another post where the price was $90.

I'm not sure how well I've explained my issue. Hope there's someone who can help. I'm really confused at this point. The website does not mention anything clearly and I'm super worried.

veemi002

Jan 28, 2022
I got the same email today morning as well.
I did not receive the email you both are referring but I got application tracking id for primary and all dependent applicants from VFS. Application status shows as "Your application, tracking ID No. ####### has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 2022/03/10 for processing. ".

Reactions: arjun_humain

veemi002

Jan 28, 2022
Hi,
I have received my RFV email and the PR application consists of 3 members(1 primary applicant and 2 dependents). The email asks me to send my documents to NY VFS. I created an account on the VFS page(https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/) to request for 2 way courier labels and added each member as a separate applicant. When the fee was displayed, it showed $67.8 for each member. The email says that we have to send a single package with documents of all the applicants. But I've come across some posts saying that each passport should be in a separate envelope.
so my queries are-
1. When people say "different envelopes" do they mean 3 separate envelopes which finally goes into 1 package and gets sent as 1 courier or do I have to send 3 separate couriers.
2. Because the price was displayed as $67.8 for each applicant, does that mean that I'll receive 3 courier labels(1 for each member) so that I can send them separately or was I supposed to add only the primary applicant so that I would receive just 1 label for the entire family.
3. Is the cost $67.8 right because I saw a post saying that the price was $22 and another post where the price was $90.

I'm not sure how well I've explained my issue. Hope there's someone who can help. I'm really confused at this point. The website does not mention anything clearly and I'm super worried.
Please see my response below for your queries based on how I responded to VFS after I received my RFV email.

Comment - You need to send packages in 3 separate couriers. I sent 4 separate packages on 23-FEB-22 for me and my dependents and got 4 application tracking ids from VFS today.
Comment - You will receive 3 courier labels (1 for each member with onward and return labels)
Comment - I paid $90.60 for each member ($67.8 for label + $22.80 for package transmission fee).

note - I did not generate courier label myself via online account. I got the payment link generated by VFS and made the payments then they sent me invoices and courier labels in email for each member. I hope fees and separate labels for each member will be the same in online process as well.

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Please see my response below for your queries based on how I responded to VFS after I received my RFV email.

Comment - You need to send packages in 3 separate couriers. I sent 4 separate packages on 23-FEB-22 for me and my dependents and got 4 application tracking ids from VFS today.
Comment - You will receive 3 courier labels (1 for each member with onward and return labels)
Comment - I paid $90.60 for each member ($67.8 for label + $22.80 for package transmission fee).

note - I did not generate courier label myself via online account. I got the payment link generated by VFS and made the payments then they sent me invoices and courier labels in email for each member. I hope fees and separate labels for each member will be the same in online process as well.
[/QUOTE

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Thanks for your response.
I still have a couple of doubts-
1. In the RFV email, STEP 3 mentions that we have to submit 2 photos of each applicant, 1 set of photos with details written behind the photo enclosed in 1 envelope and the remaining photos of all the applicants in another envelope. If we are sending 3 different packages then that point does not make sense right? how can we send separate packages for each applicant AND send photographs in a common envelope? Could you please clarify that point for me?
2. The first requirement in the list of documents is "one copy of this letter". But we did not receive any letter on our portal, nor was there any attachment in the email. So by "letter" they meant the RFV email right?

I would really appreciate it if you could maybe share your contact no. with me so that I can get a better understanding over a call. That's if you don't mind.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
1. In the RFV email, STEP 3 mentions that we have to submit 2 photos of each applicant, 1 set of photos with details written behind the photo enclosed in 1 envelope and the remaining photos of all the applicants in another envelope. If we are sending 3 different packages then that point does not make sense right? how can we send separate packages for each applicant AND send photographs in a common envelope? Could you please clarify that point for me?
2. The first requirement in the list of documents is "one copy of this letter". But we did not receive any letter on our portal, nor was there any attachment in the email. So by "letter" they meant the RFV email right?

I would really appreciate it if you could maybe share your contact no. with me so that I can get a better understanding over a call. That's if you don't mind.
Basically, you need to ignore most of the things written in RFV email and follow what VFS online account instructions says. Here are the responses to your questions.

1. You need 2 photos for each person in the application. In one of the two photos, you need to write a set of things as mentioned in RFV email. Since you will be sending three separate courier, enclose that person’s 2 photos in the envelope corresponding to that person.
2. “one copy of the letter” is referring to the RFV email itself. Print it out. Since there are 3 couriers, print 3 copies

There is one thing about the fees. The 67.8$x3 will be paid via credit card on online account (that is needed and only then the courier labels will be generated). Now, there is this package transmission fee of 22.8$. Get 3 money orders of 22.8$ each and enclose one money order in each of the envelopes.

one more thing: once you pay the fees online, it will generate the courier labels in 1 PDF and it will generate instructions on another PDF. Those instructions will precisely tell you what all to enclose, so just follow that

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021

Basically, you need to ignore some of the things written in RFV email (I know this is really bad and confusing) and follow what VFS online account instructions says. Here are the responses to your questions.

1. You need 2 photos for each person in the application. In one of the two photos, you need to write a set of things as mentioned in RFV email. Since you will be sending three separate courier, enclose that person’s 2 photos in the envelope corresponding to that person.
2. “one copy of the letter” is referring to the RFV email itself. Print it out. Since there are 3 couriers, print 3 copies

There is one thing about the fees. The 67.8$x3 will be paid via credit card on online account (that is needed and only then the courier labels will be generated). Now, there is this package transmission fee of 22.8$. Get 3 money orders of 22.8$ each and enclose one money order in each of the envelopes.

one more thing: once you pay the fees online, it will generate the courier labels in 1 PDF and it will generate instructions on another PDF. Those instructions will precisely tell you what all to enclose, so just follow that

Mandeep112

Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys,
My passport got delivered at VFS New york on 22nd february. I used the fedex labels from fedex office, didnt get them from VFS website. They didnt open the package yet, i keep on calling them.
My PPR letter 30days will expire on 18. I called them, send emails to escalation deptt but nothing help.
Any idea how to proceed further

Akshat999

Mar 14, 2022
hi, I got my passport delivered on 22nd Feb and just today I received this email - Your application, tracking ID No. XXX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on Tue Mar 15 2022 for processing. One question here -
My approval letter mentioned being sent in 30 days which was from 10th Feb. So will there be an issue since vfs is sending on 15th March?

Last edited: