+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi @cooldudeusa Did you get your passport back from VFS with stamping and CoPR? Just curious about how long it takes for the whole process (from the time you send out the FedEx packets).

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
This has been asked before but I did not see a response so asking again: does anyone know if one of the parents needs to sign and notarize the consent form for a minor US Citizen child who can’t sign? My daughter is 3 months old

veemi002

Jan 28, 2022
@veemi002 Did you get a response from the VFS people reg. the fedex labels? Now, I'm not even able to create and activate an account to re-pay and regenerate shipping labels again
I got the shipping label on Feb 18th and sent passports which delivered at NY location on Feb 23rd. Waiting for the passports with copr.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi @veemi002 @cooldudeusa and others

I sent out the FedEx envelopes with our passports and all docs yesterday. It will be delivered today to VFS NYC. There were 3 envelopes (2 adults and US citizen child). However, I just realized I forgot to super-scribe the FexEx envelopes with "APPLICATION FOR ORIGINAL
PASSPORT SUBMISSION -- REFERENCE NUMBER". I am worried that without the reference numbers, it might create delay as they wouldn't easily know which are the 3 envelopes that go together, so they have to manually open all envelopes (the reference numbers are in the confirmation printout that I enclosed inside envelope).

Did you anyone else make the same mistake but still observed usual processing time?

gvrt88

Oct 11, 2020
I got the shipping label on Feb 18th and sent passports which delivered at NY location on Feb 23rd. Waiting for the passports with copr.
Thanks. I ended up repaying and generating new shipping labels from the website as I was running out of time. They finally sent me the original Fedex labels, 5 days after the document submission deadline. I'm currently trying to get a refund

ALeonardo

Feb 10, 2022
This has been asked before but I did not see a response so asking again: does anyone know if one of the parents needs to sign and notarize the consent form for a minor US Citizen child who can’t sign? My daughter is 3 months old
IMO,It is not necessary to notarize the consent form for your child. Understandably, you can sign on behalf of your underage/minor child. I have a 3year old baby and I consented on her behalf without having to notarize..

Reactions: arjun_humain

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi @veemi002 After your package was delivered on Feb 23, when did you get notification from VFS that they have received the package, and when they sent it out to Canada consulate?

newbie9090

Mar 5, 2022
This is the complete new process

To avail the 2 way courier, please visit the website https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/ and click “Additional Services”. Scroll to where it says “By Mail” and click on the “Click here” button. Once you click on it, it will take you create an account.
When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application.
Kindly note that all the information will be purged from the portal after 10 days, your login information included, hence, make sure you print or download your label and confirmation letter as soon as you receive it.
Once you complete the process, you will be able to print 1 FEDEX label (addressed from you to the VAC). The label for the returning of your documents will be printed locally at the VAC.
Prepare your package including the following (if you applied online):
1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC
2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
3. Print out 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed, click here to download
4. A printed copy of the Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number
5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money orders, Bank drafts, Certified checks, Cashier’s checks, or Official checks (over 3 months validity period) in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars (**We DO NOT accept Personal checks or Cash**)

Package transmission fee (per passport) – $22.80 USD (**If you have enrolled biometrics at the VFS Global Canada Visa Application Centre in New York, you DO NOT need to pay this fee.**)

Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $2.50 USD (Optional)

6. 2 size photos of 50mm x 70mm if applied for an online Permanent Resident Travel Document with application letters starting with D, E, EP, F, and G. (**If applied for an online application with letters R, S, V, and W, NO photos are required**)

Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FEDEX office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.
This is the complete new process

To avail the 2 way courier, please visit the website https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/ and click “Additional Services”. Scroll to where it says “By Mail” and click on the “Click here” button. Once you click on it, it will take you create an account.
When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application.
Kindly note that all the information will be purged from the portal after 10 days, your login information included, hence, make sure you print or download your label and confirmation letter as soon as you receive it.
Once you complete the process, you will be able to print 1 FEDEX label (addressed from you to the VAC). The label for the returning of your documents will be printed locally at the VAC.
Prepare your package including the following (if you applied online):
1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC
2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
3. Print out 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed, click here to download
4. A printed copy of the Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number
5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money orders, Bank drafts, Certified checks, Cashier’s checks, or Official checks (over 3 months validity period) in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars (**We DO NOT accept Personal checks or Cash**)

Package transmission fee (per passport) – $22.80 USD (**If you have enrolled biometrics at the VFS Global Canada Visa Application Centre in New York, you DO NOT need to pay this fee.**)

Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $2.50 USD (Optional)

6. 2 size photos of 50mm x 70mm if applied for an online Permanent Resident Travel Document with application letters starting with D, E, EP, F, and G. (**If applied for an online application with letters R, S, V, and W, NO photos are required**)

Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FEDEX office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.
Hi,

Thank you for the detailed information.
I received PPR request recently, I created an account with VFS Postal Appointment. I was wondering if "Original Passport Submission" is the correct option for "Application Category"?

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Have you received anything yet? My ppr was received on Feb 25 and still haven't heard back.
When you say”my ppr was received”, do you mean your passport+other documents were delivered by FedEx At VFS NYC on Feb25 ?

Mine was delivered on Mar 2. I called them on Mar 4. They said it is taking them 8-10 business days to process incoming FedEx packages before it can be sent to the Canadian Consulate.

Kayla11

Mar 7, 2022
When you say”my ppr was received”, do you mean your passport+other documents were delivered by FedEx At VFS NYC on Feb25 ?

Mine was delivered on Mar 2. I called them on Mar 4. They said it is taking them 8-10 business days to process incoming FedEx packages before it can be sent to the Canadian Consulate.
Yes my documents were delivered at vcs NYC on the 25th. Did you have to use FedEx? I've been doing this with the help of a lawyer and wasn't told I had to use FedEx so I used UPS next day shipping

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Yes my documents were delivered at vcs NYC on the 25th. Did you have to use FedEx? I've been doing this with the help of a lawyer and wasn't told I had to use FedEx so I used UPS next day shipping
I am not using a lawyer. I followed the instructions mentioned here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confusion-about-how-to-send-ppr-documents-to-new-york-vo.708124/post-9951457. I basically created an account on VFS website, added all applicants, paid the fees online and then the webpage generated detailed instructions on what documents to send and also generated FedEX labels. I used those labels to send the documents via FedEx. So there was no option/choice for me as to which courier service to use.

I am guessing if you are doing the whole thing via lawyer, they know what they are doing and you should be fine.

Kayla11

Mar 7, 2022
I am not using a lawyer. I followed the instructions mentioned here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confusion-about-how-to-send-ppr-documents-to-new-york-vo.708124/post-9951457. I basically created an account on VFS website, added all applicants, paid the fees online and then the webpage generated detailed instructions on what documents to send and also generated FedEX labels. I used those labels to send the documents via FedEx. So there was no option/choice for me as to which courier service to use.

I am guessing if you are doing the whole thing via lawyer, they know what they are doing and you should be fine.
Makes sense, thanks for the reply!

veemi002

Jan 28, 2022
Hi @veemi002 After your package was delivered on Feb 23, when did you get notification from VFS that they have received the package, and when they sent it out to Canada consulate?
I did not get any acknowledgement from VFS yet and no updates so far on my copr processing after passports delivered on Feb 23.