+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about dependents visa

Rsindhu

Jun 17, 2019
Montreal
I am an international student in Quebec, Canada. My wife applied for Open work permit along with my kids as dependents. She got her visa but immigration department called back and informed as we have applied for dependents visa(TRV) for more than six months and kids have to study during that time. So need to apply to students visa for all kids. Now correct me if wrong study permit necessarily require IELTS and admission offer from schools. How can my youngest 10 years old can do IELTS or even can have offer from local schools?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She should have applied for SOWP because TRV could be refused when you have to extend it every 6 months. Not sure why the visa officer wants study permits for your children but IELTS is not required. Your local school district could maybe give you admission letters. Families are never guaranteed visas or permits to accompany international students.

Reactions: Rsindhu

Rsindhu

Jun 17, 2019
Montreal
She should have applied for SOWP because TRV could be refused when you have to extend it every 6 months. Not sure why the visa officer wants study permits for your children but IELTS is not required. Your local school district could maybe give you admission letters. Families are never guaranteed visas or permits to accompany international students.
Thanks for replying.