+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing situation with visiting Canada after marriage

root60_91

Apr 24, 2017
HI everyone!

Just want to clarify some aspects of visiting Canada. I have a visitor visa and my GF is PR card holder. We are planning to marry this summer (outside of Canada) and then go to Canada to apply for sponsorship inside - also I will be eligible to apply for work permit. Just want to clarify:
1) Do I need to inform CIC about marriage - i.e. is it has any possible influence to my visitor visa? If no,
2) do I need to clarify all details of the situation (as described above) for border officer or I just can tell that I am visiting Canada as a tourist again?

K0nsumHure

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
root60_91 said:
HI everyone!

Just want to clarify some aspects of visiting Canada. I have a visitor visa and my GF is PR card holder. We are planning to marry this summer (outside of Canada) and then go to Canada to apply for sponsorship inside - also I will be eligible to apply for work permit. Just want to clarify:
1) Do I need to inform CIC about marriage - i.e. is it has any possible influence to my visitor visa? If no,
2) do I need to clarify all details of the situation (as described above) for border officer or I just can tell that I am visiting Canada as a tourist again?
1) I can't think of how that would change your visitor visa. Only when your situation changes when your visa process is still ongoing would have to be reported. And of course if you would apply for a new one after getting married.
2) Again, not that I can imagine. Who you married after you got your visa is not of interest. Of course if they ask specifics just tell the truth (for example why you left Canada, if the reason was just to get married).