Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
hello

im filling out Application to sponsor and undertaking for my husband.however theres a question i dont even understand the need of asking it .
its question number one of the application.
If you are found ineligible to sponsor,indicate whether you want to :
(1) to withdraw your sponsorship all processing fees less 75 dollars will be paid
(2)to proceed with the application for permanent residence ?

now my question is if im found to be ineligible to sponsor why would i proceed with the application ? would i not want to get my money back?
maybe theres something im not understanding here .

thank you

C

cowtown gal

I don't now 100% but I think if you are found inelgible to sponsor you have proceed with the whole application to be able to appeal any decisions, so you would probably want to proceed.

Again - I think that's right from what I've read on here (but not totally sure), hopefully someone will be along shortly to clarify!

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
That's correct, if the sponsorship application is refused, and you want to appeal, they have to process the PR application all the way to refusal first (the PR application would be refused due to not having a valid sponsor, and at that point you can appeal).

So, if you think the sponsorship application might be refused, you have to decide whether you want to save the PR processing fee, and resolve the issue that led to you being determined ineligible to sponsor, or proceed with the PR application, and risk having to go to appeal or maybe reapply and pay another PR application processing fee.

lessen

Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
now that makes sense to me, thanks everyone.

one more question please, they are also asking to give them addresses of where he lived for the last 10 years and they specify NO MATTER HOW SHORT you lived somewhere, when he came to canada he stayed about 5 days in Montreal with his sister for a visit. does also count ? or living somewhere means a place that is like your own home where you get your mail and everything ?
thank you ;)

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lessen said:

one more question please, they are also asking to give them addresses of where he lived for the last 10 years and they specify NO MATTER HOW SHORT you lived somewhere, when he came to canada he stayed about 5 days in Montreal with his sister for a visit. does also count ? or living somewhere means a place that is like your own home where you get your mail and everything ?
thank you ;)
It means resided; it doesn't include vacations and such.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lessen said:

thank you ;)
Re-read Schedule 1 it is all address since the age of 18, so unless he is under 28, it is more than 10 years.

lessen

Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
he is exactly 28 but we wrote down all the addresses for the last ten years anyhow . i hope thats ok

they are also asking if he s ever been refused a visa. if fact he was refused a student visa to France 4 years ago because the school did not reply on time . is it a big deal if he does not mention that ?

thanks i know im asking too many question :)

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Better to mention the refused visa and explain it up front, than get caught in an omission and have to explain that you weren't hiding something -- that is IF you get the chance to explain the omission.