+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing Passport request Letter

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
Am overseas dependent and my wife is in Canada (primary applicant), i just submitted my passport on Saturday
Hey, so u had this clause but submitted them passport before PA got their PR ?

"The below instructions are for your
overseas dependant(s) only. All instructions and due dates are to be followed by your dependent(s)
only after you (the principal applicant) have become a permanent resident in Canada."

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
Are you and inland applicant and current in Canada and your family outside Canada?

IRCC has given two steps that you have to follow.

1. Since your are in Canada, you do not have to do anything, but just wait for IRCC to contact you for the landing interview, after which your COPR will be sent to you. Effective the date you have the landing interview, you will be a PR. Only after the PA has landed can the dependent family members land and become a PR.

2. You family, which is not in Canada, have to send their passport as per the instructions in the letter.

So follow the instructions in the letter for your dependent family members, so that they can get a COPR and PR visa.

Nothing confusing.

If you have any follow up questions, ask.
Hey there, hope u r well. Tegarding ur statement in 2nd point, PPR has this clause, hence arent they asking to wait for PA to get PR ?
The below instructions are for your
overseas dependant(s) only. All instructions and due dates are to be followed by your dependent(s)
only after you (the principal applicant) have become a permanent resident in Canada."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello @legalfalcon, PLEASE
is PPR different from request letter (asking to submit passport) with similar content of PPR?
Yes.

If you are outside Canada, and not from a visa-exempt country, you will be asked to submit your passport for issuance of a visa. When you receive the stamped passport back, it will also have a COPR along with it.

Iamqueendee

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Lagos
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Vfs Lagos
Yes.

If you are outside Canada, and not from a visa-exempt country, you will be asked to submit your passport for issuance of a visa. When you receive the stamped passport back, it will also have a COPR along with it.
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon I was a bit confused with the letter but I get it now. I've sent out my package to VFS this morning.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Ashish_2021

Sep 29, 2021
@Iamqueendee & All
I am also with same situation as got CoPR in Aug-21 although still yet to receive Passport request letter for dependent who are outside of canada.
Can you please share any insights which will be helpful or anything need to do explicitly from my side.

Iamqueendee

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Lagos
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Vfs Lagos
@Iamqueendee & All
I am also with same situation as got CoPR in Aug-21 although still yet to receive Passport request letter for dependent who are outside of canada.
Can you please share any insights which will be helpful or anything need to do explicitly from my side.
Hi @Ashish_2021 apparently the request letter that was sent included PPR and it also had my UCI (which was weird cause it should have been my Spouse's cause he's the PA).
I followed the instructions in the letter, sent my passport and photo with a copy of the letter. then we got Portal email, two days later we got credentials and the following day we got ecopr. In the letter it had my name and UCI stating 'Accompanying'.

My spouse called IRCC the following day to be sure we were on track, asking if i needed a separate PPR, but she said it was sent two weeks ago (meaning we were right following the instructions on the Request letter), and my copr will be attached to my Passport when sent back after stamping.

So my question is when you got eCOPR were your dependants stated in it? Did you try reaching IRCC? you should call or raise a webform, must have been that you missed something. P.S I've come to realize that every Applicant's Application have got some kind of uniqueness cause ordinarily the request letter wasn't PPR but the instructions clearly stated was for PPR. If it wasn't for questions asked and after so many reading back and forth i'd have missed it right there.
Thanks to @legalfalcon that was able to clarify it all. So please call IRCC Asap, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Reactions: Ashish_2021

Ashish_2021

Sep 29, 2021
Hi @Ashish_2021 apparently the request letter that was sent included PPR and it also had my UCI (which was weird cause it should have been my Spouse's cause he's the PA).
I followed the instructions in the letter, sent my passport and photo with a copy of the letter. then we got Portal email, two days later we got credentials and the following day we got ecopr. In the letter it had my name and UCI stating 'Accompanying'.

My spouse called IRCC the following day to be sure we were on track, asking if i needed a separate PPR, but she said it was sent two weeks ago (meaning we were right following the instructions on the Request letter), and my copr will be attached to my Passport when sent back after stamping.

So my question is when you got eCOPR were your dependants stated in it? Did you try reaching IRCC? you should call or raise a webform, must have been that you missed something. P.S I've come to realize that every Applicant's Application have got some kind of uniqueness cause ordinarily the request letter wasn't PPR but the instructions clearly stated was for PPR. If it wasn't for questions asked and after so many reading back and forth i'd have missed it right there.
Thanks to @legalfalcon that was able to clarify it all. So please call IRCC Asap, I'm sure they'll be able to help.
Thanks for details.
Yes, dependents are listed in my primary applicant eCoPR and PPR is not required for me as in Canada. As my dependents are outside Canada do thy should get request letter / PPR so as to Travel and awaiting for same. I raised Web form-21st Jul and GCMC-21st Jul notes although unable to get any revert till date. Please suggest if any missing still.