Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Much congrats brother. I can imagine how happy you guys will be. We are on same stage. I just submit my passport yesterday. Just want to know what was the processing time
Hi
Just wondering if you are inland applicant with Outland dependent?

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Thank you for responding.
Have your wife gotten her Copr as yet?

Mariner007

Feb 1, 2021
Hi guys, I'm in a hotchpotch situation and I need your inputs and assistance to guide me and to decide on how to tackle it. I'm a dependent applicant and my wife is the primary applicant. Our timeline of processing has stuck at 100% since December 19th 2020 and we have received no updates till date. Both have applied jointly for the residency. I'm a Marine Engineer Officer (Ship's Engineer) by profession and I need to join the vessel to resume with my work. We are FSW outland applicants, and looking at the current processing times due to Covid, seems it'd take much more time for us to receive PPR. Could anyone suggest, what would happen if I receive the PPR and I'm unable to submit the passport in time? Any inputs would be much appreciated. @legalfalcon

Last edited:

leonight123

Jan 18, 2021
Finally a good news , My application was fully approved.

@legalfalcon , thanks man helping me understand the process, one final questions for you, As my application was approved today and spouse is already in possession of PR visa and Copr, is she eligible now to come to Canada or we still need to wait for my landing interview.?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally a good news , My application was fully approved.

@legalfalcon , thanks man helping me understand the process, one final questions for you, As my application was approved today and spouse is already in possession of PR visa and Copr, is she eligible now to come to Canada or we still need to wait for my landing interview.?

Congratulations!!

You have to wait for your COPR. When your spouse will be examined at the PoE, it will be verified that your COPR has been validated. A dependent family members cannot land before the primary applicant has landed.

Also, you can only travel if you are exempt from travel restrictions. So make sure you have authorization to travel.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys, I'm in a hotchpotch situation and I need your inputs and assistance to guide me and to decide on how to tackle it. I'm a dependent applicant and my wife is the primary applicant. Our timeline of processing has stuck at 100% since December 19th 2020 and we have received no updates till date. Both have applied jointly for the residency. I'm a Marine Engineer Officer (Ship's Engineer) by profession and I need to join the vessel to resume with my work. We are FSW outland applicants, and looking at the current processing times due to Covid, seems it'd take much more time for us to receive PPR. Could anyone suggest, what would happen if I receive the PPR and I'm unable to submit the passport in time? Any inputs would be much appreciated. @legalfalcon

I believe you asked this question before and it has been answers. IF you cannot submit your passport, you can seek an extension.

leonight123

Jan 18, 2021
Congratulations!!

You have to wait for your COPR. When your spouse will be examined at the PoE, it will be verified that your COPR has been validated. A dependent family members cannot land before the primary applicant has landed.

Also, you can only travel if you are exempt from travel restrictions. So make sure you have authorization to travel.
Congratulations!!

Hi @legalfalcon
Few things i want to mention
I already got the copr letter when my application was approved yesterday. The letter says "
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada."

Second thing , i am already in canada

Third , my spouse is exempt from travel restrictions

Can you please provide your input now

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Few things i want to mention
I already got the copr letter when my application was approved yesterday. The letter says "
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada."

Second thing , i am already in canada

Third , my spouse is exempt from travel restrictions

Can you please provide your input now
Not sure what you are asking. If you already have a COPR and your spouse is exempt from travel restrictions, then what is the issue?

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon.. We have submitted a PR application for which we received a response from IRCC asking to confirm if we are currently in Canada. In our application, the primary applicant is in Canada but whereas the secondary applicants (My daughter and I) are in India. If we respond to IRCC stating the current locations, will our application processing go on hold? We are hoping for a situation where the primary applicant can get his PR approved and stamped in Canada while the secondary applicants can have our passports sent to the our local office in India and have it stamped. Is this what will happen or will we have issues, please help us with your inputs. That will be great. Thank You

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon.. We have submitted a PR application for which we received a response from IRCC asking to confirm if we are currently in Canada. In our application, the primary applicant is in Canada but whereas the secondary applicants (My daughter and I) are in India. If we respond to IRCC stating the current locations, will our application processing go on hold? We are hoping for a situation where the primary applicant can get his PR approved and stamped in Canada while the secondary applicants can have our passports sent to the our local office in India and have it stamped. Is this what will happen or will we have issues, please help us with your inputs. That will be great. Thank You
You have to inform IRCC if all family members are in Canada. IRCC will send an e-COPR to the PA if the PA is in Canada and a PPR to the other dependents who are outside Canada once the PPRs being issued by the visa office in the country of residence.

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
You have to inform IRCC if all family members are in Canada. IRCC will send an e-COPR to the PA if the PA is in Canada and a PPR to the other dependents who are outside Canada once the PPRs being issued by the visa office in the country of residence.
@legalfalcon Thank You so much for the prompt response. Now it gives us a better pic of what we can expect.

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks for the insight. So once PPR is stamped for outland dependents, are they considered a permanent resident (with blank copr as well)? Can they travel based on that stamping on passport or require any interim visa to travel ?

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
Just an Update, My wife got visa and Copr today which is valid until Nov 2021. Still waiting for my landing interview.
Congrats !! so did you send the passport right away for stamping after receiving the letter ? I'm assuming it did say timelines will be applicable once PA gets their PR.