+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused with TRV's Representative requirements ... Please help!

Banff13

Jun 3, 2012
Hi, I need some advice on these issues:

My situation:
I am a Malaysian and last year I've applied successfully for the TRV and was in Canada for 2 weeks holiday. This year, I am going there again for a 2-week holiday but this time my father will be following me as well. My issues:

1) Must I apply the visa on my father's behalf or can he apply by himself?

2) If I apply on his behalf:
(a) Must he fill up the representative form?
(b) How about the invitation letter (from my friend in Canada)? I assume my friend must mention something about my father in the invitation letter?

3) If my father were to apply the visa by himself:
(a) Must my friend in Canada write a separate invitation letter to my father or can I just use the same letter written to me?

I am really confused on this. Please advise on the best way to apply the visa for my father.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

;)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Banff13 said:
Hi, I need some advice on these issues:

My situation:
I am a Malaysian and last year I've applied successfully for the TRV and was in Canada for 2 weeks holiday. This year, I am going there again for a 2-week holiday but this time my father will be following me as well. My issues:

1) Must I apply the visa on my father's behalf or can he apply by himself?

2) If I apply on his behalf:
(a) Must he fill up the representative form?
(b) How about the invitation letter (from my friend in Canada)? I assume my friend must mention something about my father in the invitation letter?

3) If my father were to apply the visa by himself:
(a) Must my friend in Canada write a separate invitation letter to my father or can I just use the same letter written to me?

I am really confused on this. Please advise on the best way to apply the visa for my father.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

;)
1. He applies on his own. You submit yours and his application in the same envelope. The invitation letter should mention the father.