+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused with PR Process

Big Daddy

Nov 8, 2007
I have checked today on immigration site today and it states that the PR is in process, who is actually processing this?, then later today I receive an email from Rome where they will issue the visa stating that they will not process my wifes application until they recieve the CSQ from Quebec. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the CSQ it has been almost 12 weeks and I have received nothing. It is now getting very close to Christmas and New year and I am hoping to return to Canada with my wife and son in March as my job will finish. I assumed that the Visa office would still process everything else and then when the CSQ came they could finish up the file and make their decision.

Please help I need to understand this processs.

Thank You

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
MICC which is responsible to issue CSQ takes 40 days to decide apprvoal or disapproval of under taking application. CIC start processing your case in the applicant's resident country's embassy after CSQ is issued. You should go on the following site of MICC to check how much time they take to send CSQ.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html

Big Daddy

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks do you know what kind of papers they need, as all my documents went with first application to CPC Mississagua?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
They wont ask for any extra documents from you. They will send a set of papers for your and ur sponsor to fill in,sign and send them back. No need to worry about extra documentation for CSQ.

Big Daddy

Nov 8, 2007
They have told me they sent them yesterday, I am from montreal all my family are there, but I will not leave without my wife and son. Are they strict on selection my wife and son (3 yrs) do not speak french, but my wife learns quickly languages as we have been residing in greece for 7 years. I am just scared that we have go this far and they may not accept us. We have about $70k savings as my wifes mothers died leaving her money which will go towards a deposit for a house, in the meantime we will stay with my parents and then rent for a while.

Thanks

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
As long as your language is fluent as sponsoring spouse you dont need to worry about your wife and kids language.