+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFUSED with CRA.

lenos

Mar 12, 2010
Hi all, i want to sponsor my husband, i am canadian citizen living with my husband abroad, i live in Republic of Georgia and make around $450 a month in cash teaching english language to people, i donot pay any tax on my income in Georgia and work on my own by teaching language, i am not registered, donot have an employer, i donot have a paper saying how much i make, do i have to prove Canada Revenue Agency that i make $450 a month, 1- will they ask for prove , because i donot have any, or should i just write down my income as $450/month and let Canada tax on this amount since i donot declare my Tax in Georgia and Canada has tax treaty with Georgia, which means i should be paying tax on the $450 either in Canada or the country i live in for now, i am a factual resident of canada and like to declare my Tax in Canada for the past 2 years, to obtain option C printout for sponsoring my husband, 2- or is it better for me to say Zero income but then CRA may ask how you support yourself for 2 years with no income, any advice please.
Thanks.