+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused.....what to do ?

merohadad

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello Everyone
I am living with my my canadian wife and son in Canada as a visitor for more than 6 months

1- I am being sponsored by my wife / outland application I received CSQ and I was contacted from the Canadian embassy to provide Criminal record from Canada
2- I applied for another 6 months extension and on implied status waiting for a decesion

In the meantime , I received a job offer , I applied for work Permit , CiC refused it telling that I should apply from outside Canada

Questions :
1- what is the possibility of getting refused the extension
2- Is it true that I can send my application for work permit again to the nearest Consulate of Canada in the US ?
3- What is the possibilty that they may refuse my work permit again since I am in Canada as visitor on Implied status and having the Sponsorship application in progress

Thanks and I appreciate if any one Can Reply my questions

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Yes in order for you to apply for a work permit you need to be outside of Canada where you are only a visitor here on implied status. So you would have to leave Canada and apply from your home country in order for you to get a open work permit.

With the Outland sponsorship application you cannot obtain a open work permit during this time you will have to remain on the visitor visa and keep extending until you have received your PR, if you applied via the Inland sponsorship route you would send a open work permit application with your sponsorship application so you can work during processing.

I don't think you would be refused another extension for your visitor visa as long as you provide proof you have an application in process for permanent residence sponsorship.

Hope that helps ...