+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused, wghen should I apply ?

belibech

Jul 24, 2009
Need some help,
Here is a description of my profil, and I would like to know if I am illegible to apply for permanent residence.

I am25, Tunisian Nationality.
Currently studying Master degree at University of Waterloo since January 2009, I am getting Graduate Research Studentship from January 2009 to August 2009 and it will be turned to Graduate Research Assistantship starting September 2009.
I come first in Canada in February 2008 where I was a research assistantship in the university under a work permit until September 2008 then I went back to my country to apply for study permit.
I got my engineering degree in 2008 and I am single.
I don't have any family here in Canada and I am thinking to start PhD after my Master (will graduate Spring 2010).
As I am from Tunisia, I speak a fluent french (Tunisia is a francophone country) and I speak a very good English too.

Please let me know if I am eligible to apply (how much score I have with the previous description).

Thank you very much for you help

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
You should look at FW3 since you have lived in canada for a year (i think that is the requirement), but do you have enough work experience to get to 67 points.

belibech

Jul 24, 2009
Actually, this is my question. I really don't know if I have or not work experience.
Here are what I think can be counted as work experience:
- February 2008 --> August 2008: full time research assistantship in University of Waterloo (with work permit)
- January 2009 --> August 2009: Graduate Research studentship in University of Waterloo (study permit, master student)
and I will be Graduate Research Assistantship from September 2009 to May 2010.
So is that enough for work experience.

Another question, is the requirement of at least one year full time work experience needed to be illigible to apply under Skilled worked

Thank you very much

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
well, do you have equivalent to one year of full time work experience. Your research assistantships are part time. So you have to see how many hours are you employed per week and add that up. If you make 1950, that is equivalent to one year.

For example, i am a TA for 20 hours per week (or at least that is what i am paid whether i work mroe or less). Since 37.5 hours per week is full time, i said 40 hours for ease of calculation. Therefore, 2 years of this part time work is equivalent to one year of my full time work, so i would qualify for fsw3 if i had lived in canada. You need 1 year of full time equilvaent work at the time of application.

belibech

Jul 24, 2009
Thank you very much.

Final question, are you familiar with the difference between Grauate Research Assistanship and Graduate Research Studentship, and which one is considered as work experience and which one is not.

And, as TA or RA from where should I ask the letter of proof, my supervisor or the school.

Thank you very much