+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused, wghen should I apply ?

belibech

Jul 24, 2009
Need some help,
Here is a description of my profil, and I would like to know if I am illegible to apply for permanent residence.

I am25, Tunisian Nationality.
Currently studying Master degree at University of Waterloo since January 2009, I am getting Graduate Research Studentship from January 2009 to August 2009 and it will be turned to Graduate Research Assistantship starting September 2009.
I come first in Canada in February 2008 where I was a research assistantship in the university under a work permit until September 2008 then I went back to my country to apply for study permit.
I got my engineering degree in 2008 and I am single.
I don't have any family here in Canada and I am thinking to start PhD after my Master (will graduate Spring 2010).
As I am from Tunisia, I speak a fluent french (Tunisia is a francophone country) and I speak a very good English too.

Please let me know if I am eligible to apply (how much score I have with the previous description).

Thank you very much for you help

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
you are eligible for FSW, if you have at least one year of full time work (or equivalent) and have 67 points and fulfill the ministerial crieteria.

Do you have one year of full time work in a job that is skill type 0, A or B.

belibech

Jul 24, 2009
Well, I am confused about if I have or not work experience.
My situation is as follow:

- February 2008 --> Septembre 2008 : Researcher at University : with work permit
- January 2009 --> August 2009: Graduate Research Studentship : Study permit (Master Degree)
- and I will be from September 2009: Graduate Research Assistanship : Study permit (Master than PhD Degree)

So when can I say that I have to 1year experience.
about the 67 points I do have them becasuse I am from a francophone country (so i will get the 24points for language skill)

Thank you very much

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
how many hours were you paid for from feb to september and from jan to august.

Some people say you need continuous experience. If that is the case, then you will only have 1 year of full time continuous experience in part time equivalent, only in december 2010.

If continuous is not an issue, then it all depends on how many hours you worked from feb to sep and from jan to aug.

belibech

Jul 24, 2009
from February to September is was full time and from January to August it is part time. But there is this 3months gap (because of immigration stuff) I was under work permit, then I applied to study permit and it was not ready on time so I decided to come back to my home country and apply for study permit from there (it is faster).
So if there is this requirement for 1 year continuous work experience, can the officer understand my situation or it is a requirement that he can not play with it.

Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i dont know. best to wait for some senior like PMM to reply.