+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused regarding self emplyment

Mar 17, 2017
Hi people, i am a bit confused regarding my past experience of self employment. Actually after my graduation I along with 2 of my friends started a Pvt. Ltd. company in New Delhi.
The business was related to training the college students and providing workshop in various colleges in the field of Embedded Systems and Robotics. I have MOA and other company incorporation related stuff. But what other proofs i will have to show. Right now the company is under closing due to some disputes between three of us. I am good terms with one of the two friends. I am also in link with most of the students.

OR

Should i try out the other way of showing myself employed with the same company? I will be able to get the reference letter in proper format from my friend who was indeed my partner.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
gursahib.1805@gmail.com said:
Please need advise...
check this link ( section- proof of work experience)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
So will they count the references from the students??
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Main issue is from whom i should take the reference letters?
When you are self-employed you do not need reference letters, only supporting documents. Only if your supporting documents fall short, you will need reference letters. To show self-employment you will need the following:

1. Incorporation certificate of the company which has your name on it.
2. Tax filings of the company on any revenue generated.
3. Your personal tax filings showing how much money you made and ensuring that it was a paid work.
4. Your status with the company, if you were a MD, or a manager, then a documents stating that the board appointed you, this will be there in the minutes of the meeting.
5. Any rental lease, contracts signed by the company where you signed on behalf of the company.
6. reference letters from clients is also helpful and supports the page.
7. Other government issues documents like, PAN, AADHAR, business licence, accreditation license, bank statement etc.

This is what I can think of since I am unaware of the name of your business and the details.

Mar 17, 2017
I have the following documents:

Incorporation certificate of the company which has your name on it.
Although bank account is closed but can try to get the statements.
DIN Number and appointment as director
Notarized Rental Document
Can arrange reference letters from customers and students
PAN card

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Hi people, i am a bit confused regarding my past experience of self employment. Actually after my graduation I along with 2 of my friends started a Pvt. Ltd. company in New Delhi.
The business was related to training the college students and providing workshop in various colleges in the field of Embedded Systems and Robotics. I have MOA and other company incorporation related stuff. But what other proofs i will have to show. Right now the company is under closing due to some disputes between three of us. I am good terms with one of the two friends. I am also in link with most of the students.

OR

Should i try out the other way of showing myself employed with the same company? I will be able to get the reference letter in proper format from my friend who was indeed my partner.
If it is a limited company there is a serious difference between self-employment and a limited company. A limited company is a separate entity as distinct from its members(here comes the liability part), that is why your friend (your partner) can also claim your argument. There are many websites who states this difference... A limited company is not really a self-employment...you can see there is a difference between the two.... When you are a limited company your liability is totally different than when you are self-employed.... that is what makes the difference... you being a shareholder in a limited company does not make you self-employed...

An example

http://www.rossmartin.co.uk/starting-in-business-77750/140-sole-trader-v-limited-company-key-tax-a-legal-differences

http://ihorizon.co.uk/self-employed-limited-company/

Look at your case and then prepare your documents....

Goodluck!

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
U mean to say .... I was actually employed with IQB Technologies?
As Director?
That is what I am exactly thinking....

ramonvilla

Nov 3, 2017
That is what I am exactly thinking....
Hey Ezgi84, have you received PR status? From my understanding you were also a shareholder from a corporation and presented documents supporting your claim that you were an employee of your own company, correct?

Can you share which documents you submitted? I am in the same situation and am confused since I can't find much information on this!

Thanks!