+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused!! Regarding Option-C PRINTOUT!! Pls Help!

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
E-status: In process
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
Hello everyone,

I would be glad if you could kindly guide me as I am little confused about OPTION-C Printout.
I am a landed immigrant,living Ontario since 15 April,2012.I am planning to sponsor my recently married wife (Out land application).I got a full time job on 20 Aug,but haven't filed taxes for the time I am here.How can I provide a option-C Print out since I never filed taxes?Do I need to? (One of my friend says that Option-C is not applicable for me as I landed on 15 April,2012). If not then what should be my explanation to VO?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sumon

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
Explain that you do not have option c printout since you have not derived income from Canadian sources prior to this year.

I am assuming you will include pay stubs, job letters, bank statements, et cetera. If you have tax returns from your previous country of residence, you could include them if you wish.

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
theholderof4 said:
Explain that you do not have option c printout since you have not derived income from Canadian sources prior to this year.

I am assuming you will include pay stubs, job letters, bank statements, et cetera. If you have tax returns from your previous country of residence, you could include them if you wish.
Hi theholderof4,

Thank you for your suggestions.Yes I am planning to include pay slips,Job agreement and a reference letter from my employer.I haven't got any tax returns from my prev year.

VO wants to know my income for 12 months but you can see I am doing my job since 20 Aug. Should I write my expected salary for 12 months beginning from 20 Aug?

Regards,

Sumon

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
Which form is this related to? In IMM5481, you need to include your net income from the past twelve months - roughly, November 2011 to October 2012.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Don't worry about it too much - lots of people do not have an option C print out, either because they are outside of Canada, or because they just arrived back in the country. What CIC is interested in is to understand how you plan to support your wife when she lands in Canada, and they want to see that you have a plan, and that you will not go on welfare.

So - no option C is not a problem, as long as you can include payslips from previous 12 months, a letter from your employer stating your current salary and employment date etc - then CIC will be able to assess that you will be able to support your family.

My partner got approved, and he was a full time student who only had worked 5 months for the last 3 years ( summer jobs), and had no option C print out, and no current job. But he made a detailed plan on what he intends to do when returning to Canada, and it went fine, so don't worry about it. Include all information you have, make a plan and explain to CIC how you will support your family, and it should be fine.

there is no fixed minimum income for spouse sponsorship, so as long as you have a way to support yourself and your family, it should be fine.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
theholderof4 said:
Which form is this related to? In IMM5481, you need to include your net income from the past twelve months - roughly, November 2011 to October 2012.
Yep, Form IMM 5481. Question no-3 (Your net personal income for the 12 months period preceding the date of your application)

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
Sweden said:
Don't worry about it too much - lots of people do not have an option C print out, either because they are outside of Canada, or because they just arrived back in the country. What CIC is interested in is to understand how you plan to support your wife when she lands in Canada, and they want to see that you have a plan, and that you will not go on welfare.

So - no option C is not a problem, as long as you can include payslips from previous 12 months, a letter from your employer stating your current salary and employment date etc - then CIC will be able to assess that you will be able to support your family.

My partner got approved, and he was a full time student who only had worked 5 months for the last 3 years ( summer jobs), and had no option C print out, and no current job. But he made a detailed plan on what he intends to do when returning to Canada, and it went fine, so don't worry about it. Include all information you have, make a plan and explain to CIC how you will support your family, and it should be fine.

there is no fixed minimum income for spouse sponsorship, so as long as you have a way to support yourself and your family, it should be fine.
Good luck,
Sweden
Hi Sweden and theholderof4,

Thanks for your reply.For the purpose of filling out the form, I have to mention a date in the Form IMM 5481. Question no-3 (Your net personal income for the 12 months period preceding the date of your application). I have started my job on 20 Aug,12.How can I calculate 12 months?You can see I only work 3 months.I can refer to my expected salary for the next 9 months to make a year.I could understand for sponsoring wife,job is not essential.I am asking this just for purpose of filling out the gap.Thanks so much.

Sumon

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
Let's say you are completing that form today. I would add up all my income from 22 October 2011 to 21 October 2012, and report it in Canadian dollars.

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
theholderof4 said:
Let's say you are completing that form today. I would add up all my income from 22 October 2011 to 21 October 2012, and report it in Canadian dollars.
Now I could understand.Thanks.I confused the word "preceding". I thought of 1 year since the date of my application.Now I got the idea.But I have not got my previous pay slips or any doc from my country.So I would send only last 3 moths pay slips,job agreement and ref letter from my current employer.But I would sum up my income for last 12 months and convert into Canadaian Dollar.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sumon said:
Now I could understand.Thanks.I confused the word "preceding". I thought of 1 year since the date of my application.Now I got the idea.But I have not got my previous pay slips or any doc from my country.So I would send only last 3 moths pay slips,job agreement and ref letter from my current employer.But I would sum up my income for last 12 months and convert into Canadaian Dollar.
it seems like a good plan. Explain why you don't have documents from your previous country, explain how much was your previous salary, what type of job you were doing, and what you do now, with as many proofs as possible. you need to convince CIC that you will not go on welfare, and that you have a plan for when your wife comes. Also - if she has an education or skills that can be transferred to Canada and will make it easier for her to find a job - include that. Your wife doesn't need to have an education ( as it's a family visa, not a skilled worker), but if CIC can see that both of you might be able to find jobs etc, it's even better. If your wife speaks french or english, also mention it - I suppose you have talked with your wife about how you will support yourself and your family when she comes - so include all the details ( if you get free accomodation from a family member etc, then get the person to write a letter explaining that - it will also help).

Good luck,
Sweden