+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused..plz help

sweety1111

Apr 11, 2013
Hi. I am new to such forums, but i am hoping this will help in sorting out my confusion.
So i am planning to apply to canadian universities for the september intake. i dont want to wait till January. I am supposed to give my IELTS in a month. The issue is, my current passport does not have my surname. And it is certain that i will have to submit my passport and get a name change done coz all my other documents have my surname. So if i give my ielts with my current passport and then submit my passport for a name change to include my last name, will it hamper my visa application?...(I cannot give my passport for name change before ielts because it will take around 2 months, and if i wait that long to give ielts, i wont b able to manage a september intake)...
Hence, just wana kno if its ok to give ielts with current passport(only first name) and then use my new passport(every detail same as old passport except for inclusion of last name) to apply to universities?...i dont want this name issue to be the cause of application rejection by canadian universities....
please help...
thanks in advance...