+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFUSED..........PLS HELP!!!!!!!!

Jyoti Nai

Jun 8, 2012
Hi...every1....

I have completed my BE in Electronics and Communication with distinction and ma IELTS score is 7.
I have received an offer letter from Humber for Wireless Telecommunications(8 months).I wanna know the job prospects after this course and PR ??? If I do not get a good job after this course,then what should I do??? Should I take another PG course or a masters degree(1yr- M Eng ) in university??? After this how many years of work permit will I get???
Should I apply directly for universities in Jan Intake???? Is universities fees higher than colleges?????

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think 8 months course is not enough (not 100% sure), wait for experts to comment.

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jyoti Nai said:
Hi...every1....

I have completed my BE in Electronics and Communication with distinction and ma IELTS score is 7.
I have received an offer letter from Humber for Wireless Telecommunications(8 months).I wanna know the job prospects after this course and PR ??? If I do not get a good job after this course,then what should I do??? Should I take another PG course or a masters degree(1yr- M Eng ) in university??? After this how many years of work permit will I get???
Should I apply directly for universities in Jan Intake???? Is universities fees higher than colleges?????
hi,
1-jobs opportunity is depend on your skills and you location where you live. In some cities is easy to find a job and its difficult in some areas.
2-1st you have to complete your study after that you will got 1 year open work permit(if you got admission in 2 year or 3 or 4 year study then you got 3 year work permit) once you got work permit then you have to find a job if you find a job then you can easily gain your PR.........
3-yes you can continue your study but for that you must have a valid study permit if you have not PR.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Jyoti Nai said:
Hi...every1....

1. I suggest after BE, you should apply for Masters (2 years). A diploma etc of 8 months is not worth it. Master's degree holder can apply for PNP without a job offer.
2. After 8 months of course, you will get PGWP of 8 months. In order to apply for Ontario PNP, you must have a job offer in a managerial, professional or skilled trades occupation (NOC 0, A or B). The job offer does not have to be related to the field of study.
3. University fee are around 8k CAD per year.
4. If you don't get a job and want to stay in Canada then you will apply for another degree.
5. As a rule of thumb, Degree duration equal or more than 2 years result in a PGWP of 3 years. Degree that spans less than 2 years result in a PGWP equal to the length of the degree.

BR,
Inam

A

AJITH87

Hi,
I am B.tech in ECE and have been researching for a 2 year postgraduate course related to my field in Canada for an year (not MS). I have seen a course named “Wireless and Converged Networks” in post graduate handbook of Humber College which is of 2 years duration. But when I contacted the college, they replied that it may not start until fall 2013. My further search lead to “Wireless Information Networking” in Fleming College which is also a new course. I contacted them to know about this but didn’t get any response yet. Anyone knows more information on this?

MBML

Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/07/2011
Doc's Request.
Together with the application
Nomination.....
PER 08/09/2011
AOR Received.
1st AOR 05/07/2011 2nd AOR 06/10/2011
IELTS Request
Together with the application
File Transfer...
06/10/2011
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Hopefully soon
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
Jyoti Nai said:
Hi...every1....

Hello,
You have to have a 2 years program to be able to get a 3 years work permit after completing the program. After 6 months while you are still in school you will be able to apply an off campus work permit which is valid for a year. make sure you will maintain your grade as the the immigration requirements. GPA should be 3. so if your program is for 8 months you will be given a 1 year study permit only which is also equivalent to 1 year work permit after completion of the program which is not renewable. so better choose a 2 year program instead to be able to get a 3 years work permit. hope this will help you to decide.