+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused!!!!!! please advice...

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Hi all,

I am very confused about my status right now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have Ontario PNP under International student with Job offer( It doesn't count for 600 points under express entry ).

I have filed for a paper based pr application and on NOV 26, 2016 my credit card was debited 550 under CIC for processing. Does this mean process for PR has started?

I have 478 points under express entry and hopefully could get to a draw in the near future.
My work permit expires May 31,2017.

So my question: Is it better to stick with the paper based application or go with express entry( if picked )? Is getting PR under express entry faster than provincial nominee( 16 months as mentioned on processing times )?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumanthyj said:
Hi all,

I am very confused about my status right now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have Ontario PNP under International student with Job offer( It doesn't count for 600 points under express entry ).

I have filed for a paper based pr application and on NOV 26, 2016 my credit card was debited 550 under CIC for processing. Does this mean process for PR has started?

I have 478 points under express entry and hopefully could get to a draw in the near future.
My work permit expires May 31,2017.

So my question: Is it better to stick with the paper based application or go with express entry( if picked )? Is getting PR under express entry faster than provincial nominee( 16 months as mentioned on processing times )?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-apply-for-both-pnp-and-express-entry-t276307.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-withdraw-paper-based-pr-application-t405276.0.html

According to those threads you can withdraw your paper application to continue your express entry application.

If you receive an ITA sometime within the next few rounds you should consider applying through express entry due to its quicker processing time.

Cheers :)