+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused on status.

itsHickory

Sep 15, 2021
Hello,

At the start of the year, we applied for my common-law to sponsor my permanent residency application. Unfortunately, it was sent back to us.
I am very confused about a lot of things and am hoping I can find some help here.

First of all, my current status. I was under the impression that during the process of the pr application, I would be considered a temporary resident.
When we submitted the application, I still had my work permit. But while waiting, this permit expired.

So what is my status currently? It's been months since my permit expired, and I worry that I am not considered a temporary resident.
We're working towards resubmitting the application.

Thank you for any help that you can offer this ball of stress.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

At the start of the year, we applied for my common-law to sponsor my permanent residency application. Unfortunately, it was sent back to us.
I am very confused about a lot of things and am hoping I can find some help here.

First of all, my current status. I was under the impression that during the process of the pr application, I would be considered a temporary resident.
When we submitted the application, I still had my work permit. But while waiting, this permit expired.

So what is my status currently? It's been months since my permit expired, and I worry that I am not considered a temporary resident.
We're working towards resubmitting the application.

Thank you for any help that you can offer this ball of stress.
You're out of status in Canada now since your application was returned as incomplete.

In addition to re-submitting the application, you must also now apply to restore your status in Canada.

itsHickory

Sep 15, 2021
You're out of status in Canada now since your application was returned as incomplete.

In addition to re-submitting the application, you must also now apply to restore your status in Canada.
Thank you for your reply! How does one apply to restore one's status? And would I do it together with my pr application, or separately?

nubeado

May 21, 2021