+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused- Landing and mailing of PR Card.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hello-

On our application for PR we put Victoria, BC as the place in which we will be living. However we are doing the landing in Toronto next week to head to Ottawa to spent Thanksgiving with her family.
My question is we want the PR to be mailed to them and then they can Fedex it to me---or I think they might come to visit in December before Christmas and they can drop it off personally. My questions is should I have the card made to her parents in Victoria BC or Ottawa? Should it be Victoria BC since that is what we put them as where we would be staying? I’m worried that they will not mail my card since I’m not moving there just yet. Next spring for sure….however I would love to have my card mailed and not delayed as it’s such a milestone.

Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robertbola said:
Hello-

On our application for PR we put Victoria, BC as the place in which we will be living. However we are doing the landing in Toronto next week to head to Ottawa to spent Thanksgiving with her family.
My question is we want the PR to be mailed to them and then they can Fedex it to me---or I think they might come to visit in December before Christmas and they can drop it off personally. My questions is should I have the card made to her parents in Victoria BC or Ottawa? Should it be Victoria BC since that is what we put them as where we would be staying? I'm worried that they will not mail my card since I'm not moving there just yet. Next spring for sure....however I would love to have my card mailed and not delayed as it's such a milestone.

Thanks
They will mail your card to where you tell them, as long as it is in Canada. Don't stress. It will be fine. If they ask (which I doubt), just tell them you are tieing up some loose ends at home and will be settling in Victoria in the spring. This happens with lots of people without issues.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Give them the correct address when u land on the airport and they will post it there, so be sure as to where u want them to post it.