+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused for online study for 1 year course

MyHero

May 16, 2020
I think they will change the pgwp laws once it gets closer to November/December. I have a feeling Canada will make international students exempt if they get approved before September 15. Just like they did for students who got approved on or before March 18.
But only some got approval before september 15. Most got approval in principle.

Reactions: Tanvi Parmar

Alamj

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi1
I received AIP on 13th of August for classes that will begin on 8th of September, however looking at the way things have been, I am skeptical of beginning my program. Its also, just 1 year long and I have absolutely no idea if Canada is even going to let people in anytime soon.

Alamj

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi1
timeline and country please
India
Applied for SP on 19th of June 2020
(Medical upfront, has never been updated though)
Eligibility review started the same day.
Biometrics pending
AIP on 13th of August 2020.
Classes to begin on 8th of September.

And I have no intentions to begin the classes, over the past 1 week, everybody around me has received their AIP! I know the set is very small, but just anyone made the cut. And am concerned.

Nirisha88

Jun 9, 2020
To be honest, deferral would be the best option. India is recording 60K COVID cases a day. I do not see the borders opening up anytime soon. There is every possibility of the border closure being extended even till April or May 2021. Considering the uncertainty and the fact that your programme is of 1 year, deferral would be the best option.

My course is of 2 Years and even I have filled for deferral. If I am paying 25,000 CAD, then the least I would want is an in-person class. But if the borders don't open by Jan 2021, then I shall begin with my online classes.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
my consultant did everything. nd for jan 2021 intake i haven't defer till now. I'm thinking to defer.
I mean when did you or your consultant inform IRCC about your deferred LOA for september? Since you’re originally a may intake. So that i’ll copy your timeline for my deferral for january 2021.