+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused for online study for 1 year course

Tanvi Parmar

May 30, 2018
I got my AIP but still confused about whether i should defer the program(already once defer from may intake) or start the online for Fall intake as my couse is of 1 year pg diploma. Please share your opinion.

Is there anybody like me?

Reactions: proceso

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If you are a risk taker then start your program, if you are risk averse then defer. There is no right answer, only individual preference. Nobody knows if Winter will be online or in person

Reactions: Tanvi Parmar

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
I got my AIP but still confused about whether i should defer the program(already once defer from may intake) or start the online for Fall intake as my couse is of 1 year pg diploma. Please share your opinion.

Make a pros and cons list.
If you have no strings attached if you defer to a later date then go for that. If you are already old and have other complications start now. Its basically your individual preference. One pro: If you start while you are in home country, you will save on accommodation and food expenses. One con: If they extend travel ban, you may not be eligible for PGWP.

Tanvi Parmar

May 30, 2018
If you have no strings attached if you defer to a later date then go for that. If you are already old and have other complications start now. Its basically your individual preference. One pro: If you start while you are in home country, you will save on accommodation and food expenses. One con: If they extend travel ban, you may not be eligible for PGWP.
yes,i'm worried about extention of travel ban.

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
They just can’t deny us PGWP. Could they? That’s scary.

Reactions: Tanvi Parmar

forestalt

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
If I were you I'd defer to January.

Why don't you go for a 2 year course though? You'll get a 3 year work permit that way.

MyHero

May 16, 2020

Hi. When did you inform them about your deferral? And how to submit a deffered LOA in the webform? Thank you

Bbngeorge

Star Member
May 20, 2020

Many students (one yr course) who did online on may are traveling now..there 5O% is almost finished..so their travel is essential. U got ur passport stamped?.. Since online SDS students are yet to be stamped, it will be a big risk to take online. Or else you are good to do.

Tanvi Parmar

May 30, 2018
If I were you I'd defer to January.

Why don't you go for a 2 year course though? You'll get a 3 year work permit that way.
I already did my masters here that's why i can go for pg course only. my consultant said that pg dip courses are for 1 year only in canada.

fdd123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I think they will change the pgwp laws once it gets closer to November/December. I have a feeling Canada will make international students exempt if they get approved before September 15. Just like they did for students who got approved on or before March 18.

Reactions: proceso

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I think they will change the pgwp laws once it gets closer to November/December. I have a feeling Canada will make international students exempt if they get approved before September 15. Just like they did for students who got approved on or before March 18.
Interesting point. I will be curious to see what happens on this front. Many universities have already said most programs are going to be online for Winter and with cases always fluctuating up and down, I don't see how schools can can be open for Winter. And I am someone that wants them to open.