+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused for January intakes - tiget007 or other members plz rply

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hello,

Guyz I'm really confused whether I should apply for January 2014 intakes for MS in ECE or should I wait for fall 2014. I'm 2012 passed out with no work experience at all. Financially I'm not very strong so my main focus is to get a good part-time or on campus job and a summer internship to earn my daily bread and other living expenses. Would these be available of I apply for January? Here is my profile
X 77%
XII 65%
BTech 7.06 (66%)
Ielts 7
2 projects and 1 internship

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Better apply in big cities like toronto or vancouver.
Otherwise, it will be hard to get a part-time job on the starting months.
On campus jobs are not easy to grab

Good Luck.

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Dhanwaad veer, sat shri akal

My question about the January intake is still creeping my mind. Should I go for jan intakes waheguru da naam le k.

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
aman singh said:
Better apply in big cities like toronto or vancouver.
Otherwise, it will be hard to get a part-time job on the starting months.
On campus jobs are not easy to grab

Good Luck.
Looking for some positive replies bro.. M really confused

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Jan Intake is good but you are targeting to work in summer then september is the best option for you. Again if the university you are going is off in summer then you will be good to go but if then the six month rule of getting OCWP applies you will get two less moths for work.

jatinder751

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
none
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sksincanada said:
Hello,

Guyz I'm really confused whether I should apply for January 2014 intakes for MS in ECE or should I wait for fall 2014. I'm 2012 passed out with no work experience at all. Financially I'm not very strong so my main focus is to get a good part-time or on campus job and a summer internship to earn my daily bread and other living expenses. Would these be available of I apply for January? Here is my profile
X 77%
XII 65%
BTech 7.06 (66%)
Ielts 7
2 projects and 1 internship

if i was you i would not worry more about the part time job because you mentioned you are "financially strong"

and also from jan 2014 you will be allowed to work off campus as well if you are registered full time in your program,and since you will be in a PG program your prospects for PR application are very strong, i would like you to look at these following links
http://www.gov.mb.ca/ie/index.html

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

i know little bit about it because i came as a student as well, and the priorties change very quickly once you step on canadian soil, do the research and choose the best option,

good luck

jatinder751

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
none
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if i was you i would not worry more about the part time job because you mentioned you are "financially strong"

and also from jan 2014 you will be allowed to work off campus as well if you are registered full time in your program,and since you will be in a PG program your prospects for PR application are very strong, i would like you to look at these following links
http://www.gov.mb.ca/ie/index.html

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

i know little bit about it because i came as a student as well, and the priorties change very quickly once you step on canadian soil, do the research and choose the best option,

good luck

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
dipta said:
Jan Intake is good but you are targeting to work in summer then september is the best option for you. Again if the university you are going is off in summer then you will be good to go but if then the six month rule of getting OCWP applies you will get two less moths for work.
Thank you for the reply.
Well Does this 6 month OCWP rule applies for every Canadian state? Also what is the duration of summer breaks there if i apply for Jan intake? I also heard something about completing 16 credits so as to get a summer internship, how true is that?