+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused bout a province move?

hamzay

Feb 22, 2009
Hi there,
Thanks so much for all your valuable and prompt responses to all the confused people out here, one of them being me!

i need to clarify something:

we landed in canada,Ontario and stayed for 2 months to get our pr cards then we left to complete our unfinished loose ends in our hometown.
I will be moving back to canada this february to Calgary, Alberta - i want to know if I will be covered under OHIP from day 1 as Alberta policies? or do i have to endure the 3 month waiting period of Ontario policies jus cause i spent 2 months there?

Please advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do not have OHIP in Alberta. OHIP is only in Ontario. Since you only stayed for 2 months and did not get OHIP, it is a question if you really settled in Ontario and certainly you will not be moving from Ontario to Alberta, you are moving from your home country to Alberta. You can contact Alberta health here: http://www.health.alberta.ca/contact.html Ask them how they will treat your move. Either you will have first day coverage or they will make you wait 2 + balance of the 3rd month. That is, if you move on some day in February, you would get your AB health coverage on May 1st at the latest.