+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused and Tensed.....please help

Canimmig

Sep 18, 2009
I am in a confused situation...plzz help will be greatly appreciated

Today I realized that in the background declaration form, for question 9 "been refused status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or TRV to canada or any other country" I answered NO. but I got rejection for UK study visa 6 years back.

I am also done with my medicals for FSW recently. I am a Buffalo office applicant. what I have to do now??? please advice

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
why did you say NO?
Do you think they will not see the rejection stamp in your passport when they ask you for passport submission? Haaving being rejected a uk student visa is common, all they want you to do is to give reason(s) why you were rejected a student visa, it won't have any negative effect on your PR applicationas long as you are not a criminal. So why concealing the information?
This is a big mistake from your end to be candid.
It's never too late if they have not asked you for passport submission. If i were you, I would quickly write them a cover letter
explaining this situation. Better if you tell them than if they detect themselves. This is termed misrepresentation as you also know.
What they will do is to ask you to fill out a new background declaration form. Don't hide nothing from the immigration!
This is my honest opinion but wait for other members to give their advice too. Good luck.

reshma123

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
hi chandan,

at the time of application submission, i had submitted the full passport photocopy where UK rejection stamped. at the time of background verification, does CIC not check the passport photocopy verification?

please advice

reshma123

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
reshma123 said:
hi chandan,

at the time of application submission, i had submitted the full passport photocopy where UK rejection stamped. at the time of background verification, does CIC not check the passport photocopy verification?

please advice

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Cic may or may not have noticed the visa rejection stamp. I agree with chandan that the best thing to do now is to send them letter informing this fact.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
dear reshan123, cic may not have noticed the rejection stamp on your passport during the background check or they might have not completed your security check. It may be when they will stamp your passport with PR visa that somebody will notice the rejection stamp. You may be lucky they contact you for an explanation. If the IO is having a bad day, he will simply reject your PR visa and charge you for lieing to them. A brief cover letter will save you from this hassle. Speak to an immigration lawyer, they will advice you the same. Remember it's never too late. Good luck.

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Thanks to the original poster of this post,as his/her post has made me realize even my mistake.I ve already posted a question at the same forum by starting a new thread but cant find much satisfactory replies,chandan n others plz advise me as well .Thanks. My post s as follows:

Hi,
I was rejected a US study visa almost 27 yrs back ,I ve recently submitted my documents tO CIC in the forms I forgot to mention it.I did not want to hide it but as its been a very long time so i completely forgot.After tht time I never applied again nor visited US ever.I have also got renewed my passport atleast 4 times till tht incident.Can any one suggest is tht going to be any problem for me in future?.
I am thinking of sending an email to CHC London regarding this issue(as I ve already contacted CHC through this medium a few times and always found a quick reply )and asking if un updated Form s required or not?
I think CIC will ask me to send updated Forms at any later stage(as my BG checks might not ve started yet) but atleast I want to bring this issue to CIC 's notice so tht it ll prove tht I didnt try to hide anything.Will it be sufficent on my part?

Plz suggest.
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that you should definitely let them know that you forgot because if they happen to find out some other way, they might think you are trying to hide something. It's definitely not going to affect your immigration that you were once refused a study visa some 1 million years ago but better they hear it from you than to find out during background checks.

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks very much Leon for ur prompt reply n sincere advice.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
to 'people',
As Leon said, having being rejected a student/visitor visa to any country is nothing new. CIC just want to know why the visa was rejected,
e.g maybe your documents didn't satisfy the IO, maybe the IO was not satisfied you would return to your home country, maybe the IO said you did not have ties in your home country etc. Let the CIC know of the previous visa refusal, it has absolutely nothing to do with your PR visa, they just want to know they are dealing with a trustworthy person. Even if you forgot to mention it, so far they have not completed your application process, you still have a chance to tell them, not them finding out themselves. They will just inform you to send in a new background declaration form and sign it. Very simple. Never would they refuse you based on you being sincere as they know you did not mean to hide anything from them.

Canimmig

Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for all your replies....

Does this prolong my process?? Also can I get the fax number? Can I send an email to buffalo regarding this instead of fax?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Email should be ok. Here is their fax and other contact info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp