+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about work experience!

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
Hi all! I have submitted my EE profile on the 22nd November, haven't received an ITA yet, but with a CRS score of 537. I have some confusion regarding the work experience that I should mention in my profile. I have completed my MBBS degree in 2016 and a paid internship of 1.5 years from 2017 to 2018. I have proof of posting dates & emoluments for these, and I am awaiting my reference letter from the Ministry. Would I need to provide other evidences? (as I can't find my employment letters/contracts, since all of them are paper-based and not on email whatsoever).

Now the problem arises from when I got licensed as a medical practitioner end 2018. I have been unemployed since December 2018 to July 2019, after which I joined and worked for a company for 4 months only. However no employment contracts were given, payslips/paystubs, got no benefits or tax return made. Just a fixed deposit made into my bank account. The employer recently refused to acknowledge that I worked for his company and refused to give me a reference letter. I only have proof of bank deposit into my account.

Now another problem that arises is that (because of such scarcity of job opportunities in my country), I have been struggling for two years and doing domiciliary visits only, from my own expenses and earning very little in cash. Does it count as work experience? As I don't actually own a business or have a registered company.

Since 2021 up to today, I have however been working for two ministries from which I can provide offer letters, emoluments and reference letters.

Can those two previous work experiences not be mentioned as I can't find any evidences of those?

I am scared of being rejected for misrepresentation, I have no idea what to do, whether or not I should mention these in my profile.

Lastly, regarding the Ministries I have worked for, are all evidences mandatory or are reference letters fine?

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
If your work experience counts as part of the minimum requirement of FSW/CEC/FST, or express entry (CRS) as per IRPA section 11.2, then you need to show proof. Otherwise, simply mention it in your personal history.

Stating the truth is not misrepresentation. They may refuse you for not meeting the minumum requirement, though.

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
So, regarding my employment history, can I only mention the three work experiences within the Ministry only? As I can provide reference letters for these. As for the four-month within the company & the occasional domiciliary visit, can I just mention it in my personal history post ITA? As I can't cover 37 hours/week or full one year employment for both.

Please advise.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Do you still have enough Six Selection Factors score (assuming you are FSW) and CRS score without the experience you are not able to prove? If yes then go ahead without it and only mention it in your personal history; if not then you don't have a choice..

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
FSW met and CRS score 537. I have only included these:
1) Medical intern for 1.5 years, paid internship - I have requested a reference letter. (Plus I only have my emolument and details of rotations as proof)

2) Medical Practitioner - 1.5 years - I have requested a reference letter, but not sure I'll get it. (Plus I have employment contracts, renewal of contract letter & emolument)

3) Medical Practitioner - October till present - I requested a reference letter.

For the rest I have not mentioned. Should I include a LOE?

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
To me it seems that you have more than enough. Try your best to get all document and you should be good to go.

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
I have another question. When I applied for TRV some while back, I had included my work experience in private practice. Will it impact on my PR application if I am not claiming points for it? I'm scared of misrepresentation.

Or can I just go ahead with it?

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
If you mention it in your personal history, you should be fine. To be unnecessarily extra safe, you can include a LOE.