+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFUSED ABOUT THE PROCESSING TIME FROM ECUADOR TO CANADA

Ecuadorian

Sep 11, 2012
???
Hi, I'm ecuadorian, married to born canadian, he is sponsoring me as his wife.
Our application was received by the canadian office on november 3, 2011...
He was already approved as sponsor like around january 13, 2012...
then they sent the papers to the closest canadian embassy to me, which is in Colombia...
we didn't have news for a long time so my husband called the canadian inmigration service and they told him that the papers were in colombia and counting from then we had to wait till 16 months for my procces...
now, today is september 11th, 2012 and i got a letter from the canadian embassy in colombia, dated august 20th, and it mentions that they received my papers and they gave me a reference number but my question is how long it will take my application to be approved or to get an interview...the letter says in a paragraph:

"Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the immigrant category in which you have applied currently requier approximately ten months to proccess at this office for routine cases."

So does this mean that I have to wait 10 months since today (september)? or that i have to wait 10 months counting from when the papers got there on januray?
I'm a bit confused here...

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
it's a total 10 months processing Time. I hope the file didn't get transfer to Colombia just now. Usually a file get tranfer to the passport office right after the sponsorship approval.

you should access ecase to see what the update on you file the the reference number they Gave you.