+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about the first-come, first-serve nature of the Quebec immi program

hmanso02

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking into the immigration policies for Quebec and I know that they will be accepting 5000 applications for CSQ during June 13th - 20th. Only the people who had created accounts by sometime in January 2016 will be able to submit application. I believe that number is around 41000. I am a bit confused over how the applicants will be chosen.

During the intake period will the people who submit first get their application selected? That is, say if I submit my application at 12:00am on June 13th, and all my application materials are complete and legitimate and I meet the minimum requirements, will my chances of getting a CSQ be raised? Or will the Quebec immigration authorities wait for the period to end (June 20th), gather all the eligible applications (I am sure those would be way more than 5000) and then pick the 5000 best applications?

I went through their website but I am probably not understanding it correctly. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
MIDI will consider first 5000 people that will hit on submit button. Once first 5000 applications are locked in, MIDI will process applications on first come first serve. Final CSQ issuance will take 1-4 years depending on applicant's location and area of training . Few applicants from 5000 list will be rejected due to insufficient points etc.

zain001

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
MIDI will consider first 5000 people that will hit on submit button. Once first 5000 applications are locked in, MIDI will process applications on first come first serve. Final CSQ issuance will take 1-4 years depending on applicant's location and area of training . Few applicants from 5000 list will be rejected due to insufficient points etc.
How long they will take to make decision on file? I think a person will only apply if he/she has more points than limit. please clear me everyone who make account on mont project is able to submit file in this intake period or when 5000 file submitted after then system stop

joctavioduran

May 30, 2016
Is that a fact that just applicants who have created their accounts as of January 2016 will be able to apply on June 13-20 2016?? After someone applies for immigration Quebec, how long it takes in order to get a Permanent Residence??