+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about PR Card process at the airport on arrival

ringostar

May 6, 2010
Hi, I landed at Toronto last month. Submitted landing papers for self and family at the service counters after passing through the immigration section. After verification etc, we got back the carbon copy of the landing papers. If I remember correctly, I was told that the PR Cards would be sent to the addres of my relatives which I provided to the officer at the airport.

I left Canada along with the family after a week and so far no PR card has reached my relatives after a month.
Meanwhile, a freind of mine told me that I should have applied for PR Card at Canada Service office in Toronto during my stay and he told me he wasn't aware of PR Cards being processed at the airport on arrival (he did it outside when he landed last year).

I am now confused. Is it possible that I did not actually apply for the PR Card at the airport (and shoudl have done at the Canada Service office in Toronto). Has the system indded changed and now they process PR Card at the airport itself? If I did not proces my PTR Card at all, then how an I rectify it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ringostar said:
Hi, I landed at Toronto last month. Submitted landing papers for self and family at the service counters after passing through the immigration section. After verification etc, we got back the carbon copy of the landing papers. If I remember correctly, I was told that the PR Cards would be sent to the addres of my relatives which I provided to the officer at the airport.

I left Canada along with the family after a week and so far no PR card has reached my relatives after a month.
Meanwhile, a freind of mine told me that I should have applied for PR Card at Canada Service office in Toronto during my stay and he told me he wasn't aware of PR Cards being processed at the airport on arrival (he did it outside when he landed last year).

I am now confused. Is it possible that I did not actually apply for the PR Card at the airport (and shoudl have done at the Canada Service office in Toronto). Has the system indded changed and now they process PR Card at the airport itself? If I did not proces my PTR Card at all, then how an I rectify it?
1. Your friend doesn't know what s/he is talking about, initial PR cards are mailed out. Takes around 30 days, unless there is a problem. Yes they were processed when you "landed"

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
Hi All,

I would be landing by September 2010. I want to know whether I need to carry seperate photos for all my family members for the PR card application at the airport. Or will they use the same photo affixed onto my COPR? Or will they take a fresh photo of all my family members at the airport?

I remember someone mentioning that since I was under the FSW and speedy process, the photos which I'd submitted while applying would be used for the PR card. Does anybody have any clear information on this as well?

Do I need to carry a filled-in PR card application to be handed over to the IO at the airport or is the PR card application automatic the moment I cross the Canadian border for the first time showing my COPR?

Any valuable suggestions from the experienced senior members?

Thanks and Regds
C Lad

Maly

May 2, 2010
To share my exprience in April 2010, no photographs were asked for. They just took the original landing papers at the airport (which has a photograph). Carbon copy of the landing paper was returned to me.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hello Ringostar,

Did you hear anything recently about your and your family PR cards. Also did any one ask you about your PR card when you were leaving Canada a week after landing ?

Thanks