+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused about permanent residency FEE: how would you interpret this??

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Hi All,

I'd be really grateful for an interpretation of the letter I got yesterday.

It seems to give two contradictory sets of instructions on the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee."

Okay, up at the top of the letter I'm told: "All documents must be submitted by mail" to "the Canadian Consulate General in New York."

Then it says: "--The following processing fees are outstanding: RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE Please visit our website for specific instructions regarding fee payments - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/fees-frais_ny.aspx?lang=eng ."

(NOTE: The website page is titled "PAYING FEES IN NEW YORK," and it gives instructions to send certified check or money order only. The website gives no mailing address for the fee, only details amounts owed.)

But then directly after that it says: "The following processing fees are outstanding: Right of Permanent Residence fee paid by your sponsor at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Please provide this office a copy of the receipt once the fee is paid. CPC Mississuaga will provide this office an electronic confirmation of your sponsor's payment once it has been processed."

Sorry to be so dense, but are there two RoPR fees? (And if so, does anyone have instructions for paying the sponsor's one via Mississauga?) Or is this just one fee paid in Mississauga -- despite the very specific instructions at top of the letter to send everything to New York (and the title of the web page, "PAYING FEES IN NEW YORK"?)

Looking around the CIC websites, I can indeed find a mailing address in Mississauga for the RoPR fee for INLAND applicants, but I'm not inland, I'm OUTLAND. . . . And, you know, what the heck is this "electronic confirmation," then?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

fibud

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-09
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-10
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-10
LANDED..........
23-06-10
hey bonacker - there is only one fee for the Right of Permanent Residence which is $490 CAD.

the communication is confusing however i see it as providing payment method options:

1. If you wish to pay by money order/bank draft directly to the New York visa office;
OR
2. You can pay online w/credit card (to the Mississauga office) and send the receipt copy 2 to New York.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
The NY consulate website does not give an option for paying via credit card.

It specifies ONLY certified check or money order.

It says: "Failure to submit payment exactly as indicated will delay the processing of your application."

Meanwhile, in small type at the bottom of the NY consulate web page it also -- in contradiction to the letter -- says that family-class fee payers should send the $$ to Mississauga. Just this one sentence: "Please note: All fees for Family Class applicants must be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario." Zero address or explanation.

So confusing!

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
I am sending PR application for my father to Singapore office and the instructions are also confusing.
The Sponsors Guide says do not send any payments unless instructed.

But the sponsor approval letter say "If you choose to defer your RPR fee, you will be notified later".

This makes me think I should send the RPR fee right away.

I can't pay online for Singapore visa office but I have to prepare a Canadian Bank Draft and send it there with his application.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
i just bumped a thread called "help with online fee payment please" in which RobsLuv seems to clear up this confusion.

i'm paying my $490 online and sending the receipt to New York today.

I

iarblue

Exactly pay the fee to mississauga online send a copy of the recipt to mississauga and then to newyork.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
thanks so much, everyone!

i paid online to Mississauga and sent copies to BOTH Mississauga AND NY just to be safe.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
I paid the RPR Fee online and I got 2 different receipt.
1 Looks like the official receipts they mailed you (pink) and the other looks like a credit card receipt.

In the official receipt, Do I print my name, my address, my dob and my phone or my father? who is the principal applicant of the PR Application?