+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about medical exam

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Common law sponsorship, inland.
So, according to this policy, I believe I don't need a medical exam. I came as a student in 2021, did a medical exam right before I came, haven't left since.
I didn't see the policy before I submitted my application (Nov 7), so I sent a webform a few days ago with my old IME number. However, today I received a reply from IRCC saying that they had sent me "further information regarding my enquiry" on Dec 15. Dec 15 I received my BIL and Pre-arrival services, not a medical exam request. Did I miss something, or is this a standard reply? I don't mind doing a medical exam, just don't want to miss the notification.

PR Tracker says "Not Started" under medical and "Not all applications require medical exam", but nothing saying I don't require it. Nothing under "History" either - just Complete your Biometrics on Dec 16. For the record, both eligiblity and biometrics are "completed" under details, background check in progress.
Has anyone even received a medical exam request with a November AOR??

Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You really are overworrying.

First you think you don't need a medical, then when you don't get a medical exam request, you worry that maybe you should get one, but haven't, even though it - and you! - say not all applicants need them.

It's going to be an even longer process if you overthink and overworry every step like this. Just wait - if they need a medical exam, they'll request it.

If you really MUST check, you can call IRCC. Better would be to find something else to do with your time.

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
You really are overworrying.

First you think you don't need a medical, then when you don't get a medical exam request, you worry that maybe you should get one, but haven't, even though it - and you! - say not all applicants need them.

It's going to be an even longer process if you overthink and overworry every step like this. Just wait - if they need a medical exam, they'll request it.

If you really MUST check, you can call IRCC. Better would be to find something else to do with your time.
Only asking 'cause the mail said they had given me more information in an email that did not say anything about the exam, but thanks.