+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about level of education question

Dec 2, 2019
What is your level of education?
Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts for education points, but not for bonus points in your profile or application.

For above question what should I ideally answer?

I have got a 4 years engineering degree from India & 2 years post graduate certificate from Canada
  • Should I just answer Bachelor's degree(3 or more year program from university, college) or
  • Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of 3 or more years
Early reply would be appreciated
Thanks & Regards
Meenakshi

Dec 2, 2019
I’m confused because right after this it’s again asking me have you earned a Canadian degree so I don’t want to give redundant answers since question #4 asks question like either ECA or Canadian degree

Dec 2, 2019
If you can please explain this with regards to my situation it would be much easier for me to understand. Which answer should I enter?
bachelors or Two/more certificates one with degree more than 3 or more years. Because after this question it asks me have you earned a canadian degree, diploma or certificate. So I'm answering yes for that since I earned a 2 year graduate certificate course

Dec 2, 2019
To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case. For example:

If you have TWO Bachelor’s degrees, or one Bachelor’s AND a two year college diploma, choose – “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

it's asking to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years." for spouse section provided above scenario then I should select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.” right??

I can enter only 1 answer here
either bachelors or two or more certificates

what answer should I select exactly?

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case. For example:

If you have TWO Bachelor’s degrees, or one Bachelor’s AND a two year college diploma, choose – “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

it's asking to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years." for spouse section provided above scenario then I should select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.” right??

I can enter only 1 answer here
either bachelors or two or more certificates

what answer should I select exactly?

Hi @MeenakshiPrakash , were you able to find the answer to your question? I am in a similar situation as yours and I have read in some other post that we need to select for the question: Highest level of education? --- the option Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

But the following question ask the same thing again for Canadian education. So not sure, what to go for.

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
I believe that if you can get a ECA for your bachelor degree earned in India, then you could put 2 or more certificate with one is a 3 years program.

Natheer H

Sep 7, 2023
What does ECA say?
no I mean level of education for the first question since i am having a bachelor's degree from my home country and an AEC 2-year program in Canada.

• had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
should the answer be :

• Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of 3 or more years

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
no I mean level of education for the first question since i am having a bachelor's degree from my home country and an AEC 2-year program in Canada.

should the answer be :

Thanks
Do you have ECA for degree? If so second bullet, and then two or more.

Arnelsap

Jan 1, 2024
Hi ; i am confused in answering the COMPLETE/FULL ACADEMIC YEARS -

can you please help what or how should i answer this?

Thanks