+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about length of stay in Canada? Help Needed

Dost_Dost

Star Member
May 23, 2014
::) I have read a lots of posts here on this forum about the "proposed length of stay in Canada" in some posts it is guided to apply for 2-3 weeks .According to others its Ok to go for 2-3 months. I am confused now can any one guide me.
In case if someone applies only for 2-3 weeks for going so far to meet his/her beloved its very short period.

what should it be the length of stay in case of multiple entry visa?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said before, you can explain your reasons why you request staying for 5-6 months upon each entry in Canada. Every case is unique, so you would have to figure out yourself how to write the invitation letter/cover letter.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Dost_Dost said:
::) I have read a lots of posts here on this forum about the "proposed length of stay in Canada" in some posts it is guided to apply for 2-3 weeks .According to others its Ok to go for 2-3 months. I am confused now can any one guide me.
In case if someone applies only for 2-3 weeks for going so far to meet his/her beloved its very short period.

what should it be the length of stay in case of multiple entry visa?
if you require a visa to enter canada, it's unlikely asking for a 5-6 month stay will produce successful results. that is why people suggest the 2-3 week stay because it seems more realistic that someone can leave their job and home for a short trip or vacation. as a visitor, you are a visitor, you can not work or study, so asking for a long term stay suggests to the CIC officer handling your application you intend to overstay and not return home. CIC certainly considers having a significant other in canada as a strong tie that will entice you to stay beyond the time allowed.

I have seen people even say 2-3 months can be suspicious for visitors from certain countries. Perhaps splitting the difference and applying for 4-6 weeks will produce a successful result? Once in canada, it's common to apply for an exension for your visit.

Reactions: GodLuck

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can explain your reasons why you request staying for 5-6 months upon each entry in Canada.
and, also, you have to explain what is so significant in Canada to stay so long and what so insignificant that you can leave behind in home country for 2-6 months could guarantee CIC you will not overstay?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
if you require a visa to enter canada, it's unlikely asking for a 5-6 month stay will produce successful results. that is why people suggest the 2-3 week stay because it seems more realistic that someone can leave their job and home for a short trip or vacation. as a visitor, you are a visitor, you can not work or study, so asking for a long term stay suggests to the CIC officer handling your application you intend to overstay and not return home. CIC certainly considers having a significant other in canada as a strong tie that will entice you to stay beyond the time allowed.

I have seen people even say 2-3 months can be suspicious for visitors from certain countries. Perhaps splitting the difference and applying for 4-6 weeks will produce a successful result? Once in canada, it's common to apply for an exension for your visit.
Not every people have jobs (especially retirees) and there are cases that asking for a 5-6 months stay on each entry of a multiple TRV will produce successful results.