+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused about eligibility for cec

dosani

Sep 10, 2012
Hi,

This thread is very useful. I have one question i am in Canada on a work permit as a child care teacher from October 2012 for 2 years, now i have completed one year in Canada as full time employee in a skilled labor but as a child care teacher there were summer holidays for 2 months i.e., July and August during this time i was not present in Canada. So does this qualify me for applying as a Canadian experience class.

Your prompt reply is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
lotus_abbey said:
We apologized because not all users here are as good as YOU in English, however we still believe what the experts would say.

cheers!
I'm sorry, but I completely resent your attitude in this comment. canuck_in_uk was giving a completely plausible reason for the confusion.

here's a piece of EXPERT advice for you....dont put so much faith into lawyers and consultants, as they mostly just want the business and half the time dont know as much as people do on this forum.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
dosani said:
Hi,

This thread is very useful. I have one question i am in Canada on a work permit as a child care teacher from October 2012 for 2 years, now i have completed one year in Canada as full time employee in a skilled labor but as a child care teacher there were summer holidays for 2 months i.e., July and August during this time i was not present in Canada. So does this qualify me for applying as a Canadian experience class.

Your prompt reply is truly appreciated.

Thanks,
If you started in October 2012 you haven't hit 1 year yet.
If you were paid during those two months, it counts
If not then you need to work another Two months before you apply.
Some people choose to leave it an extra couple of weeks or so just so there isn't any ambiguity

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CEC2013 said:
I'm sorry, but I completely resent your attitude in this comment. canuck_in_uk was giving a completely plausible reason for the confusion.

here's a piece of EXPERT advice for you....dont put so much faith into lawyers and consultants, as they mostly just want the business and half the time dont know as much as people do on this forum.
Thanks CEC2013. I didn't think that my original comment was in any way offensive, I wasn't putting down anyone's English skills. As you said, I was just trying to offer a reason for the confusion.

And +1 for the advice on the "experts".

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
anto21 said:
thanks Jorger ! i had submitted my application awhile back, as i had qualified under cic rules for cec. although in the beginning i was skeptical about what was interpreted on cic page and some people had miss guided me ..
having said that there is another slight issue i am having with one of my colleague , he doesn't like me and is jealous that i qualified faster than him and have already got my file number under CEC , there might be a possibility through jealousy that he could contact cic and give false information about me and try to jeopardize my application, how does cic deal with thees kinds of situations usually ,,,
what do you mean he would contact CIC and try to jeopardize your application? as in report you for some sort of offense?

falsifying documents, misrepresenting yourself, AS WELL AS falsely reporting criminal activity is a serious crime. CIC works closely with CBSA and RCMP when investigating claims or reported information. if they determine that there is actual misrepresentation or that they were mislead, there would be serious consequences. personally, I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't done anything wrong. if all the information you provided to CIC is legitimate, then it can only backfire. also, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to have someone report them for a grudge. quite certain they screen these out before anything even starts.

on the other hand....this is quite serious, and if you truly feel threatened, I would escalate this by consulting an actual lawyer and seek guidance. but, if I was the lawyer and you came to me with this matter....my first questions would be why you assume malicious intent and if you have any indication or proof of such intent/action. without anything concrete (evidence, proof, documentation), I don't see the course of action here...

readings:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/prosecutions-poursuites/atl/2013-05-06-eng.html

http://www.immigrationwatchcanada.org/take-action/report-fraud/

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
anto21 said:
Thanks for your response cec2013, it was helpful reading the link you sent, its always good to know before hand the procedures taken regarding thees kind of cases, as the depths some humans would go to harm other humans are endless , regarding my case if i had any concrete evidence that he was trying , i would have informed cic and rcmp, like you said quite rightly its best to leave it to rest and move on ,since i have nothing false in the application i have submitted. :D
Thats the spirit mate! Why burden yourself with nonsense... This situation would more adequately be addressed with re-action, rather than action. You just focus on your application, and if there is cause for concern at some point...well, you can cross that bridge when you get to it. Best of luck!! ;D

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
CEC2013 said:
Thats the spirit mate! Why burden yourself with nonsense... This situation would more adequately be addressed with re-action, rather than action. You just focus on your application, and if there is cause for concern at some point...well, you can cross that bridge when you get to it. Best of luck!! ;D
100% agree...Why burden yourself with nonsense! I don't think cic will take seriously things like that without real, solid basis... nothing to worry about, enjoy the process of becoming pr the next year!