+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conflicting spellings of first name

batala2canada

Aug 2, 2009
Dear All,
Spellings of my name are conflicting.
In passport it is PRADEEP and in graduation degree and CA certificate it is PRADIP.
I am not sure whether this is going to be problem for me? Seniors please help.
Thanks & regards

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, It is really creating a problem during case processing and your application may be refused.
Please arrange to get your name rectified in the passport. Lodge a application to your concerned Passport Office and surrender your passport along with your academic certificates. This can be corrected within 15 days and new passport may be issued to you.

Regards,

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear batala2canada

if don't want to go through the process of changing ur passport then u can give an ad in 2 leading newspapers of ur area. but b4 that i have one qus. if all ur documents are showing ur name as PRADIP how come u get passport with PRADEEP?

batala2canada

Aug 2, 2009
Thanks for your reply.
But Is there any other way to address the issue? For Example to give written explanation or affidavit
Please reply back.

batala2canada

Aug 2, 2009
Dear Sanjeevindia,
In India passport are made on the basis of 10th class’s certificate. Since, in my 10 standard certificates it was PPRADEEP so, passport office kept the same spellings. But my subsequent educational certificates are having PRADIP and to be honest I have never bothered about this issue till now.
I think I should resolve this issue by giving an advertisement in News paper.
Can you please let me know about complete procedure for this?
Best regards

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all u have to do is to give ad in 2 newspapers of ur area. one in english and one in either hindi or punjabi. they might ask u produce an affidavit 4 the same. one more thing whether u applied/r going to apply ur self or through a consultant? if yes then may be he can advise u on the issue.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in my view, if ur passport is indian, then u have to give ad in 2 local indian newspapers in the city where u belong. but u may ask a senior about it.

batala2canada

Aug 2, 2009
Dear sanjeevindia,
Requested your suggestions on the following specimen of advertisement,
“ I am Pradeep Kumar son of Mr. Ramesh Kumar passport holder E-00000 resident of A-823, … Colony, Delhi hereby declare that I am also known as Pradip Kumar”.
Apart from above, do you have any other information on requirements?
Thanks & regards

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
This should not be a big issue, You should use your name as PARDEEP in your application forms and every where needed as per your passport.
In your background declaration form there is a section on first page which ask for other names you are using, you write your name as PARDIP there and then don,t worry for this issue. No need for affidavits as they are not acceptable nor adds