+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confirming our residence

bettyitaly

Sep 8, 2012
Hello everyone.
Finally there is a letter arrived confirming our residence.
Now we have to go to the border to sign the papers and get us the card.
My questions are these
1. I have a little girl of four months, born here in Canada, which has not the passport I can go to the same border maybe with the birth certificate?
2. I have another child almost 3 years to come with us to the border or he can 'go to kindergarten? Also he is a Canadian citizen, then has nothing to do with our residence.
Thanks to anyone who can answer.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest applying for a passport for the newborn and go with your whole family for the completion of landing formalities. normally the passport comes within 7 days if canadian born and with canadian birth certificate - it is pretty straight forward.

planning for the worst, if something happens and you are stuck at the border (you never know what can happen) at least your daughter and son are with you

my 2 cents - thats how i would have done

cecapplied

bettyitaly said:
Hello everyone.
Finally there is a letter arrived confirming our residence.
Now we have to go to the border to sign the papers and get us the card.
My questions are these
1. I have a little girl of four months, born here in Canada, which has not the passport I can go to the same border maybe with the birth certificate?
2. I have another child almost 3 years to come with us to the border or he can 'go to kindergarten? Also he is a Canadian citizen, then has nothing to do with our residence.
Thanks to anyone who can answer.