+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confirmation of permanent resident interview

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
Hello all!
I know there are 100's of answers to my question but I got confused while filtering through and was hoping for an answer that specific to our situation. So apologies for a repeat question.

Last week the recording on the cic automated phone system advised us that my husband had passed his medical and that no interview was needed. that his background check was being processed. This weekend I recieved an email with the pre arrival services letter. THEN today I recieved an email titled "CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENT INTERVIEW" what I'm gathering is this is it! :) this is the final step. so my question is.... is this the interview we were told was being waived or is it different? what can we expect when we get there? will ge seperated and interrogated? (lol) I'm 5 months pregnant so obviously my emotions are insane lol I just want to be fully prepared. some people have told me they ask 3 simple questions easy peasy others have said they will go through our phones, social media and interrogate us to confirm we are a real couple. We certainly are (5 months preggo couldnt BE more excited! 1st baby for both of us!) I just dont want any surprises. should I be nervous or confident that after our interview my husband will finally be a permanent resident and start the count down to becoming a Canadian! eeekkk.... thanks so much! I've been waiting for this for so long can't believe its finally going to happen!

Reactions: skye

Joel 79

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello all!
I know there are 100's of answers to my question but I got confused while filtering through and was hoping for an answer that specific to our situation. So apologies for a repeat question.

Last week the recording on the cic automated phone system advised us that my husband had passed his medical and that no interview was needed. that his background check was being processed. This weekend I recieved an email with the pre arrival services letter. THEN today I recieved an email titled "CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENT INTERVIEW" what I'm gathering is this is it! :) this is the final step. so my question is.... is this the interview we were told was being waived or is it different? what can we expect when we get there? will ge seperated and interrogated? (lol) I'm 5 months pregnant so obviously my emotions are insane lol I just want to be fully prepared. some people have told me they ask 3 simple questions easy peasy others have said they will go through our phones, social media and interrogate us to confirm we are a real couple. We certainly are (5 months preggo couldnt BE more excited! 1st baby for both of us!) I just dont want any surprises. should I be nervous or confident that after our interview my husband will finally be a permanent resident and start the count down to becoming a Canadian! eeekkk.... thanks so much! I've been waiting for this for so long can't believe its finally going to happen!

Adriwifey

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
When
Hello all!

When did u receive your AOR and how long did your husband waited to know that he passed his medical?

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
How long did u wait to hear that your husband passed his medical after he sent it in to CIC?
so we applied oct 31st 2017, in feb we were asked to provide finger prints snd background checks, in early may we recieved notice to go and do the medical and just last week we were told he passed his medical and "no interview required" then on the weekend we got the letter for pre arrival services, today we recieved the confirmation of permanent resident interview as well as my acceptance letter as a sponsor. Im sorry I dont know what the abbreviations for all those are lol. but basically sonething happened every 3 months from the day they recieved our application. Good luck feels so good to know only a couple more weeks till life gets a lil less stressful :)

Joel 79

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
so we applied oct 31st 2017, in feb we were asked to provide finger prints snd background checks, in early may we recieved notice to go and do the medical and just last week we were told he passed his medical and "no interview required" then on the weekend we got the letter for pre arrival services, today we recieved the confirmation of permanent resident interview as well as my acceptance letter as a sponsor. Im sorry I dont know what the abbreviations for all those are lol. but basically sonething happened every 3 months from the day they recieved our application. Good luck feels so good to know only a couple more weeks till life gets a lil less stressful :)

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
So happy for you guys my son ask me every day when I'm coming
awwww soon! you're close! basically it will have only taken 10.5 months for the whole process to be complete (to approval). its long and stressful! best of luck to you! my husband lived in trinidad for 5 yrs before coming here, hope you weren't affected by the earthquake! We can't wait to be able to travel again first stop Jamaica... next stop trinidad!