+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a quick question guys and would appreciate a reply via a private message.

CIC are going to send me my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document instead of a visa in my passport.

Is this document sent by email or post?

Thank you guys in advance.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
By post.

You probably don't require a sticker in passport as it could be you're from a visa waiver country.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the quick reply, ok so the only option is via post.

My problem is if this is the only option, I live in a country where there postal system is useless, actually useless is to nice for them.

Anyway if they send it by post its never ever going to get to me. The only option is via courier, can I request this as I'm really worried its going to get lost.

Thank You

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tashford said:
I have a quick question guys and would appreciate a reply via a private message.

CIC are going to send me my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document instead of a visa in my passport.

Is this document sent by email or post?

Thank you guys in advance.
It will be sent by post and you will need to keep it for the rest of your life. CoPR ( original) is required at the time of getting citizen and even at the stage of getting old age pension. As it shows the date of landing.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
It will be sent by post and you will need to keep it for the rest of your life. CoPR ( original) is required at the time of getting citizen and even at the stage of getting old age pension. As it shows the date of landing.

My problem is if this is the only option, I live in a country where there postal system is useless, actually useless is to nice for them.

Anyway if they send it by post its never ever going to get to me. The only option is via courier, can I request this as I'm really worried its going to get lost.

Thank You

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tashford said:

Thank You
You can make a request to visa office by stating the apprehension and can also volunteer that you will pay the courier charges.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi tashford,

There isn't anything like COPR instead of a visa. For immigration purposes both are provided a visa and a COPR form. I assume your visa office already has your passport or had asked you send it so that your visa can be affixed. For immigration purposes, there's no visa waived country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/next_steps.asp
"If your application is approved, we will ask you to send your passport to the visa office so we can issue your permanent resident visa."
"If we approve your application, we will issue you a permanent resident visa. This visa includes your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your entry visa.

Your COPR will have information about who you are as well as your photograph. Please check to make sure it is correct. It should be the same as the information on your passport. If there is a mistake on your COPR, contact your visa office."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
banrad said:
For immigration purposes both are provided a visa and a COPR form. I assume your visa office already has your passport or had asked you send it so that your visa can be affixed. For immigration purposes, there's no visa waived country.
Not true. Visa-exempt people do not receive a visa and are not even required to send their passports; CIC simply mails them the COPR.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, here's the situation and I'm really really annoyed.

In the country I'm in and as explained to the VO the postal system is non existent, rubbish, crap, it just doesn't work. So right at the last hurdle, all I need them to bloody do, which they do for other countries is to post it to me via courier. But the refuse. So really I'm stuck, it can't be done my regular mail I def wont get it. So tbh I don't know what todo.

I can't get my document, end of story, unless they change their mind I'm stuck, here courier is the only way.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tashford said:
Ok, here's the situation and I'm really really annoyed.

In the country I'm in and as explained to the VO the postal system is non existent, rubbish, crap, it just doesn't work. So right at the last hurdle, all I need them to bloody do, which they do for other countries is to post it to me via courier. But the refuse. So really I'm stuck, it can't be done my regular mail I def wont get it. So tbh I don't know what todo.

I can't get my document, end of story, unless they change their mind I'm stuck, here courier is the only way.
The solution is pretty simple. Have the COPR mailed to a family member or friend's address in Canada or some other country with a decent postal system, then have that person courier it to you....

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
The solution is pretty simple. Have the COPR mailed to a family member or friend's address in Canada or some other country with a decent postal system, then have that person courier it to you....
He'll have to hurry up and contact CIC to change his address since they're about to mail it out!

Don't use the online address change function - call them and let them know about this change!

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry if my message was confusing. Maybe they changed the way they treat visa-exempt people.

I just quoted what's on the CIC website and added my own experience. I am from a visa-exempt country, immigrated in 2011. At the time, I was asked to submit my passport, received a visa and COPR as well.
I didn't need a visa to visit Canada, but I needed a visa to immigrate, study or work in Canada.

canuck_in_uk said:
Not true. Visa-exempt people do not receive a visa and are not even required to send their passports; CIC simply mails them the COPR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
banrad said:
I just quoted what's on the CIC website and added my own experience. I am from a visa-exempt country, immigrated in 2011. At the time, I was asked to submit my passport, received a visa and COPR as well.
Yes, it was procedure at the time for all applicants. That was changed at the end of 2011. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp