+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conestoga jan 2021

Pranam123

Jan 7, 2020
I have doubt regarding the new update on student visa,they said that this process is available for students starting a program in this fall semester.

So what about the if we are applying for Jan intake 2021,due this current situation the VFS is not open for Bio-metrics,so can we process our study permit application without Bio-metrics or else we need to wait for VFS to open.

Expert Please comment.

sunil.saini00787

Jul 2, 2020
I have doubt regarding the new update on student visa,they said that this process is available for students starting a program in this fall semester.

So what about the if we are applying for Jan intake 2021,due this current situation the VFS is not open for Bio-metrics,so can we process our study permit application without Bio-metrics or else we need to wait for VFS to open.

Expert Please comment.
I guess they will extend it to Jan intake as well if the VFS didn't open.
But My course didn't support online learning, I will have to be in Canada. Don't know what's going to happen if VFS didn't open.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All,

I just received an offer from Conestoga College for January 2020 Intake. This is a conditional offer letter with the below comments:

*Successful completion of the Master's degree with a minimum "B" average*

Could someone please shed some light if anyone knows what does "B" average is equivalent to as in Indian Grading percentage system?

I am pursuing my masters right now and was expected to be completed by August 2020. However, govt. is still debating if the Universities should conduct exams or not.

Appreciate your time.
Thank you!

Vaibhav_8809

Nov 26, 2019
Hello All,

I just received an offer from Conestoga College for January 2020 Intake. This is a conditional offer letter with the below comments:

*Successful completion of the Master's degree with a minimum "B" average*

Could someone please shed some light if anyone knows what does "B" average is equivalent to as in Indian Grading percentage system?

I am pursuing my masters right now and was expected to be completed by August 2020. However, govt. is still debating if the Universities should conduct exams or not.

Appreciate your time.
Thank you!
Can you tell me your course?
I think Minimum B grade means you have to pass with minimum 60%.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Can you tell me your course?
I think Minimum B grade means you have to pass with minimum 60%.

Hello Vaibhav,

Yeah, I opted for Computer application security. The requirement did said B average minimum required for that program. But, I am not sure if 60% would be considered "B" average, as Conestoga grading on their website seems different, which I believe is for the students graduating from Conestoga as it also says 55% is their passing grade.

However, I will international student from India and grading must be different. Thank you for the response.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi veer,
I've opted for the same course, waiting for visa, just wanted to ask if you know anything about the Conestoga fee refund policy in case of denial at 2nd stage of the new visa process......
Hi, I don't know much but it takes time if you want a refund. In any case college must refund fee and it should. I have had known a frnd who got refunded but took long time from another college. Also, would you know anything on the grading question? I received conditional offer that states, Masters with "B" average minimum required. My masters was supposed to be completed by August whereas the govt is still debating for the exams. In case you missed my question in the first comment.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
My LOA was of may but got deferred to sept due to this pandemic, in ur scenario, it's not a big deal now to get LOA for u, I'm just not sure how exactly things will work out like exams as u said as the condition here is worsening day by day.
Yes, I do understand. Things are nor favorable. In my case, I did received the Offer letter but it is conditional and condition needs to be satisfied by EOD August 19 in my case. Condition is related to "B" average in Masters. I am pretty hopeful that I will receive my degree before that as the supreme court will be taking a decision by July 31st as of latest info. My masters so far is 64.95% but I am not sure if that would be included in the "B" average.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
I believe 60+% comes under that category, don't worry, also whatever official update you get by the exam controller or ur current University share that thing with Canadian clg so that they'll consider the situation & provide u LOA without any delays
appreciate your help