+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditions on Study permit

Navjot Mann

Jan 19, 2023
Hi
Is there anyone whose conditions are not appropriate on study permit due to immigration officers mistake.
Can I work while I send my study permit for amending as I have sin
Is there someone with same situation.
Please reply asap I am very stressed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Is there anyone whose conditions are not appropriate on study permit due to immigration officers mistake.
Can I work while I send my study permit for amending as I have sin
Is there someone with same situation.
Please reply asap I am very stressed.
What do the conditions on your study permit say? Can’t say if you can work because don’t know what your conditions are? What is your program and school?

Navjot Mann

Jan 19, 2023
What do the conditions on your study permit say? Can’t say if you can work because don’t know what your conditions are? What is your program and school?
My conditions got same as of coop work permit.
I study at Algonquin college Ottawa which is DLI approved.
I meet all the requirements just the condition states that not authorised to work for any employer other than stated
I have my sin and I have sent my study permit for amending. I have worked 20 hours for about 6 months.
Can i continue working while my study permit is sent for amending??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I meet all the requirements just the condition states that not authorised to work for any employer other than stated
I have my sin and I have sent my study permit for amending. I have worked 20 hours for about 6 months.
What does it say on your study permit? You say you meet all the requirements but not authorized to work for any employer other than stated? When did you start studying if this is on your study permit?

Navjot Mann

Jan 19, 2023
I started my study in May.
I am explaining you that immigration officer made my conditions on study permit same as on coop permit. Which is totally his mistake and I am suffering due to that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I started my study in May.
I am explaining you that immigration officer made my conditions on study permit same as on coop permit. Which is totally his mistake and I am suffering due to that
So you cannot work unless your work is for the employer on your permit and related to your program. You have to change conditions and not work until the conditions are changed. On entry, CBSA has the authority not to allow you to work at all and conditions may say cannot work off or on campus. So not you cannot work and should not have been working at all.

Reactions: Taran D

Navjot Mann

Jan 19, 2023
If I fully eligible for working why can they write this condition on my study permit. Moreover, this condition does not even belong to study permit. This is a condition of coop work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I fully eligible for working why can they write this condition on my study permit. Moreover, this condition does not even belong to study permit. This is a condition of coop work permit.
What do you mean fully eligible for working? When you entered Canada, CBSA can put anything on your permit and say you cannot work at all. Working in Canada as a student is not guaranteed. Are you on a co-op work permit? If yes, maybe CBSA decided that you would only be able to work as a co-op student. Again you need to change the conditions on your work permit and you cannot work until conditions are changed (If they are).

Navjot Mann

Jan 19, 2023
Are you a immigration lawyer??
How can a coop condition be put on study permit?
I asked for someone who have dealt with this matter.
Thanks for your precious time but you actually don’t know about conditions on study permit. Please check all the sources you will find that this condition cannot be put on study permit whether I am eligible to work or not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you a immigration lawyer??
How can a coop condition be put on study permit?
I asked for someone who have dealt with this matter.
Thanks for your precious time but you actually don’t know about conditions on study permit. Please check all the sources you will find that this condition cannot be put on study permit whether I am eligible to work or not.
You cannot work if it says you can only work for one employer on your permit. You cannot work until the amendment is approved. Get a lawyer instead of relying on a volunteer forum and ask.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Is the employer's name on your Coop Work Permit listed as your college (Algonquin College)? Coop work permits are closed work permits. You can only work with an employer your college signs off on, for the duration of the coop semester/term. You cannot use that coop work permit to work outside of the coop work term for other employers. Work with your college to get a coop job. That is how it works generally.

As for what is on your study permit, can you please type in what exactly is written there, here for us to read? So that we can advise appropriately.

Navjot Mann

Jan 19, 2023
Yes it’s Algonquin college.
it has the condition that not authorised to work with any employer other than stated. This statement is totally made for coop.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
it has the condition that not authorised to work with any employer other than stated. This statement is totally made for coop.
Even if it's the officer's mistake that he put that condition on your SP, you still can't work until it is removed.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
It's accurate for COOP. The college needs to sign off on the employer you work with during your coop term.