+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional Visa's - It's Happening!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QCSunshine said:
I think tax records are 7 years or something for the US, but I don't really know. I was imagining we would need "proof" like saved airline boarding passes for joint trips, receipts for major joint purchases, etc, to "prove" that the relationship is ongoing. Just in case we need it. And that stuff takes up space. :)
Yes, but it is worth it :)

Start a scrapbook now !

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
QCSunshine said:
And that stuff takes up space. :)
Scanner to the rescue? I hate clutter, I really do, and there's no way I'll be storing paper junk for 2 years.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have tons of photos and I am wanting to organize it all eventually, but it is just the random paper bits I have started keeping "just in case" I need to prove something more, or have an interview. Or now, if the conditional visa stuff happens. But it is stuff I would rather get rid of that annoys me. Maybe I could scan it, but I would be scared they would decide they want to see the original for some reason in an interview. Probably just me being overly cautious, but that's my personality type. :)

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
Yeah, but you know what? If my application gets refused/my PR revoked because I don't have the original receipt for the new toilet seat we jointly purchased for our jointly leased apartment, along with 7 pictures to document the installation process, then to hell with it all, I don't want to live in this country :D

I understand and accept the need for caution, but if they get ridiculous on me Mr. Husband will just have to deal with learning Croatian.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
fleo said:
Yeah, but you know what? If my application gets refused/my PR revoked because I don't have the original receipt for the new toilet seat we jointly purchased for our jointly leased apartment, along with 7 pictures to document the installation process, then to hell with it all, I don't want to live in this country :D
LOOOOOOOOOOL :) :) :)

Dont forget to include pictures of the toilet being used !!

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Material said:
fleo said:

...Jointly!!!

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Guys! ??? Can we keep this thread lunch-friendly? LOL

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleo said:
I understand and accept the need for caution, but if they get ridiculous on me Mr. Husband will just have to deal with learning Croatian.
This will be the easier option :)

FWIW It is four years that you need to keep data....... and you need nine photographs not seven - See the CIC document - TTP 02 section 4.6

4.6 Accumulation of possessions.
All articles, howsoever gathered shall be documented as per Appendix A.
A minimum of NINE Photographs (negatives not required), should be provided for each article. Images should provide planar views x,y & z (3 images) and
(six images) demonstrating the installed location (GPS coordinates required) and images of the item in active use, by both parties or jointly (where applicable).
Dated receipts, photographs and where applicable, credit card records must be stored for a period of a minimum of four years.
When items are jointly purchased, applicants must ensure that the receipt is notarized on the rear - "Joint purchase by sponsor & applicant on date"

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_696_ said:

...Jointly!!!
Material said:

Check the regulations first..........

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011
Baloo said:
This will be the easier option :)

FWIW It is four years that you need to keep data....... and you need nine photographs not seven - See the CIC document - TTP 02 section 4.6

4.6 Accumulation of possessions.
All articles, howsoever gathered shall be documented as per Appendix A.
A minimum of NINE Photographs (negatives not required), should be provided for each article. Images should provide planar views x,y & z (3 images) and
(six images) demonstrating the installed location (GPS coordinates required) and images of the item in active use, by both parties or jointly (where applicable).
Dated receipts, photographs and where applicable, credit card records must be stored for a period of a minimum of four years.
When items are jointly purchased, applicants must ensure that the receipt is notarized on the rear - "Joint purchase by sponsor & applicant on date"
LOL ;D
That's hilarious!

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
Baloo said:
and you need nine photographs not seven
I am... overwhelmed. Seriously. Are you telling me any kind of crap (pun not intended) I can think of is already in there?

... no, don't tell me. It is. Thank you, CIC.

and images of the item in active use, by both parties or jointly (where applicable).
Oh paint me pink and call me Shirley :D If it all wasn't so damn serious, with someone possibly getting offended instead of amused, I swear I'd send them toilet pics... with that regulations section quoted and attached. Happy day ;D