+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional PR

KiaG

Mar 19, 2015
What are the procedures when investigating a permanent resident who has left their sponsor and quite possibly has reported it?

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
The government will try to contact the person that 'left' for marriage fraud/marriage for conveniences requesting information regarding the situation?

That is if you mean the spouse was the sponsor? And they had a break up of marriage or something?

Probably need more information for others to chime in and give information.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
KiaG said:
What are the procedures when investigating a permanent resident who has left their sponsor and quite possibly has reported it?
Condition 51 is fairly new so there just isn't a lot of data on what happens when someone is reported by their sponsor. One can only guess that the applicant is investigated and likely interviewed before any decision to revoke their PR is made.

KiaG

Mar 19, 2015
I have just been in contact with a CIC call centre representative, and I explained my situation that I broke up with my common law partner and left him for another Canadian citizen. He told me I obviously can't be on my current conditional PR, but advised me however that I write a letter to where I had my final landing appointment at, explain them my situation and then he said that he couldn't answer exactly what the procedure is, if I were to stay in Canada they could eventually have an interview with me and my new partner and maybe get to stay on my conditional pr, or revoke it completely and most likely get a 5 year "ban" for being re-sponsored into Canada? ???

Has any of you heard of whether you can continue to be on a conditional pr and actually by interview stay in Canada if accepted?

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
KiaG said:
I have just been in contact with a CIC call centre representative, and I explained my situation that I broke up with my common law partner and left him for another Canadian citizen. He told me I obviously can't be on my current conditional PR, but advised me however that I write a letter to where I had my final landing appointment at, explain them my situation and then he said that he couldn't answer exactly what the procedure is, if I were to stay in Canada they could eventually have an interview with me and my new partner and maybe get to stay on my conditional pr, or revoke it completely and most likely get a 5 year "ban" for being re-sponsored into Canada? ???

Has any of you heard of whether you can continue to be on a conditional pr and actually by interview stay in Canada if accepted?
Unless your sponsor abused you in any way I would imagine your PR would be revoked if you're not in a relationship with her anymore. (Because of Condition 51). You can't just switch sponsors..you'd have to reapply with the new sponsor but I have no idea about the ban part.