+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional PR - Can I visit my home country for 2 months?

Ayase

Jun 10, 2014
Hello there,

I have just received the CoPR for Conditional PR yesterday.

It says that 'you must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for continuous period of 2 years after the day on which you became a Permanent Resident', but I would like to go back to my home country for 2 months to spend some time with my family and friends before I start working in Canada, and also plan our wedding in my home country while I'm there.

Is there anyone who has also received Conditional PR and asked any questions about the conditions to CIC?? Does anyone have any advice?

Hope to hear back! Thanks :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ayase said:
Hello there,

I have just received the CoPR for Conditional PR yesterday.

It says that 'you must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for continuous period of 2 years after the day on which you became a Permanent Resident', but I would like to go back to my home country for 2 months to spend some time with my family and friends before I start working in Canada, and also plan our wedding in my home country while I'm there.

Is there anyone who has also received Conditional PR and asked any questions about the conditions to CIC?? Does anyone have any advice?

Hope to hear back! Thanks :)
I don't think a visit back homes is going to make a huge difference. You must remain in the relationship and living together for 2 years after landing. Short trips apart are part of normal living nowadays so it shouldn't be an issue for you. If you think it is going to be longer than the stated time you might consider having your spouse come along with you.

M

mikeymyke

There's no hard rule as to how long you can be away, but I'd say if you're gone for more than a month maybe bring your spouse along.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Alurra71 said:
I don't think a visit back homes is going to make a huge difference. You must remain in the relationship and living together for 2 years after landing. Short trips apart are part of normal living nowadays so it shouldn't be an issue for you. If you think it is going to be longer than the stated time you might consider having your spouse come along with you.
I agree, you're probably fine, but nobody here can say for certain. There is no wording in the rules on specific time you are allowed to be apart before it will be an issue or possibly get reported, so all anyone can do is guess.

Ayase

Jun 10, 2014
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the suggestions..!!

Ya, the problem is that CIC never really specify their rules properly, so what I can do is to assume it.

The next 2 years, we are planning to get married and have a proper wedding with family and friends in Hawaii. Who know I might be pregnant with my partner by the time. And I ASSUME they can't say No after 2 years just because I went back to my country to see my family and friends for 2 months, but it is risky to assume anything I guess...

Thinking about giving them a call, but has anyone contacted CIC call centre before? Do you actually get to talk to someone??

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Ayase said:
Hi guys,

Ya, the problem is that CIC never really specify their rules properly, so what I can do is to assume it.

The next 2 years, we are planning to get married and have a proper wedding with family and friends in Hawaii. Who know I might be pregnant with my partner by the time. And I ASSUME they can't say No after 2 years just because I went back to my country to see my family and friends for 2 months, but it is risky to assume anything I guess...

Thinking about giving them a call, but has anyone contacted CIC call center before? Do you actually get to talk to someone??
yes u can actually get thru them,in my personal experience, i usually called them in the past and the best time to get a hold of them from my experience is around 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm (4:30 they are closing), but its my personal experience. Yes they are hard to talk to, but automatic response should tell u how long u gonna wait (honestly its never exact, it can say 10 mins, but u might wait 20). All i can say just keep trying u will definitely get thru them 1-888-242-2100. Good Luck___))

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ayase said:
Thinking about giving them a call, but has anyone contacted CIC call centre before? Do you actually get to talk to someone??
CIC call centre will be completely useless to answer this question. No matter what the call centre agents tell you, the decision on if conditional PR rules will be reported and/or enforced, is entirely up to CBSA when you try to cross the border back into Canada, and with the CIC officers who actually review these cases. They will not care what any call centre agent may have told you.

Ayase

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks so much for your advice, melon82 and Rob_TO..!!

I guess I should play safe this time as we can only guess their decision but not know it for certain.. and yeah I see the point Rob, how it'll be totally up to the officer who will actually look into our case after the 2 year period..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ayase said:
Hi guys,

Being pregnant has no bearing on conditional 51. If you break the rules of 2 year cohabitation, you can lose your PR status, regardless if you have children after the fact. I know that seems cold but that is how CIC is going to treat those with conditional 51 clause.

Screech339

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.05.2013. Sponsorship approved 17.06.2013
Doc's Request.
Updated forms sent on december 18 2013
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf

read this may be you find this information useful . go to page 11

Ayase

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks a lot for leaving your comments guys..!

As I read all your advices, it made me think that this time I should probably play safe. It is risky to assume it'll be ok, and I don't wanna regret my decision in 2 years.

Thank you so much for all your advices..!! It really helped me making my decision!!! :) :) :)