+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional discharge with probation

Ar6464

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

Before consulting any immigration lawyer i want a advice from u guys.

The situation is im a permanent residence from last 4 years. I was charged for asault with my ex wife. Then court closed my file with releasing me on conditions to not contact her and with 2 years of probation which is ending next year 2020 july, with no criminal record.
I am totaly separated with my ex spouse and divorced .
I meet someone from abroad and i want to get married and sponsor her.
My question is am i eligible for sponsorship?
Profesionaly im a commercial driver i go across usa from canada and i never had any issue on border and im holding a usa buissness multiple entry visa.
If anyone know or experienced similar or same case like that please help me out any suggestion will be apriciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Before consulting any immigration lawyer i want a advice from u guys.

The situation is im a permanent residence from last 4 years. I was charged for asault with my ex wife. Then court closed my file with releasing me on conditions to not contact her and with 2 years of probation which is ending next year 2020 july, with no criminal record.
I am totaly separated with my ex spouse and divorced .
I meet someone from abroad and i want to get married and sponsor her.
My question is am i eligible for sponsorship?
Profesionaly im a commercial driver i go across usa from canada and i never had any issue on border and im holding a usa buissness multiple entry visa.
If anyone know or experienced similar or same case like that please help me out any suggestion will be apriciated.

Thanks
You should consult with an immigration lawyer.

Violence against a family member typically bars you from sponsorship. I'm not sure how this works with a conditional discharge. My guess is that you will be prevented from sponsoring until the probation completes in July 2020. However I'm not certain.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aside from you probation, if you were sponsored by your ex wife then I don't think you can ever sponsor a spouse.

Reactions: scylla

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or you may have to wait 5 years, not sure if it's from divorce or from the time you were sponsored