+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concurrent student visa application for myself and visitor visa for a family

maryaB62

Feb 26, 2014
I want to apply for Canadian student visa and also I want my mom to be there as a visitor during my student program. Our plan is that my mom applies for a 5-year multiple entry visa before I apply for a student visa. My family in Iran only includes my mom and me. My sister is in the US. and we don't have any other substantial tie other than title deeds in Iran. I was wondering if these visas would be accepted. Our concern is that getting visa for one reduces the chance of getting visa for the other because of lack of family ties in Iran. And also which application is better to be submitted first.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - if don't have substantial ties to Iran, if one of you is issued a visa, this may reduce the chances of the other visa being approved.

FYI - If both of you are approved, your mother will be able to visit Canada temporarily. However you should assume she will not be able to stay with you for the entire duration of your program. At some point she would have to return home.

If getting a study permit is important to you, I would apply for that visa first.

maryaB62

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for your answer.
How about the chances for getting visitor or super visa for her after I become a permanent resident? Do parents have lower chance of getting super visa if they don't have substantial ties to home country?