Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Marz,

Thanks for your input!

I agree that certification is probably more important in IT than a degree. I have actually applied to both Concordia (got accepted) and Carleton (waiting for decision). Did you go to Carleton or did you just hear from somewhere that Carleton is better than Concordia?

Thanks.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
chd2canada said:
dear snake,

Thanks for sharing your opinion abt the 2 universities. I think I am also going to choose Concordia over Ottawa.

I applied for CAQ on March 29th and sent my documents on April 4th. The application status still doesn't show that they have received them. I will post on this thread as my case goes ahead. Please let us know when they update your application status.

Good luck!

@ cooldude10, thanks for the information. I will wait for a month before panicking :)

Regards
Friends, What is this CAQ stands for?

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
I guess for that u must need french? isnt it?

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, for the studies in Concordia, english is just fine. But if you wanna apply for PR, then you need some french language skills, basic ones.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
hay guys,
I have also sent my application to concordia university. I will send all documents tomorrow. Their final date to acept application for research is 1st june, Dont know wheather or not they will consider my application for this fall.
How many days it will take to get conformation letter. They also asked for financial help from university, I mean they give good fundings for PhD students. Lets hope the best

Keep me informed for the rest of the process with them if you already got an aceptance letter.

Also How do I need to apply for this CAQ?

chd2canada said:
dear snake,

Thanks for sharing your opinion abt the 2 universities. I think I am also going to choose Concordia over Ottawa.

I applied for CAQ on March 29th and sent my documents on April 4th. The application status still doesn't show that they have received them. I will post on this thread as my case goes ahead. Please let us know when they update your application status.

Good luck!

@ cooldude10, thanks for the information. I will wait for a month before panicking :)

Regards
Hay g

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my acceptance email from Concordia 2 weeks after they started my application review. I applied for master in software engineering...if your program is different then it might take longer than 2 weeks for you...Just email them or call them.

Once, you get the acceptance letter, apply for CAQ right away as you will need that to apply for study permit. Go to this link and get familiar with CAQ application process: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/index.html

Which program are you applying for? And, where are you going to apply for student permit?

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Thanks dear, I will surely do the same.

I sent full documents today with DTDC from mumbai for PhD in computing Science. I will apply from new delhi VO. I thik u right, it will take longer for them to get a suitable supervisor for my research. also I have applied for fundings. the deadline for the same course is 1st june so hope they will get all documents by that date. I am not sure weather or not I will get hold to my visa and all required things by the time I mean sep this year.

If I get admission by end of June. I send application for CAQ and if they take time for a month then by end of July I'l be able to send final application for study permit, which god knows wather or not I will get visa letter in a month time..

lets hope the best

Oct 8, 2011
Hi,
i applied for M.Eng Aerospace in concordia university and Carleton university. I am so confused to choose the best university among this two. Please give some idea about the these universities and which is best in these two universities? I want some information about the fees and living expenses among these universities. If anybody know about these, please clarify me.