Concordia Chances of Acceptance

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,
I'll be applying for M.Eng(Mechanical) program at Concordia University for Jan 2016 intake along with a few PG Diploma courses.
So, what do you guys reckon about my chances at Concordia.
Profile:
Grade 10: 85%
Grade 12: 80%
B.E. Mechanical: 68% (2015 passout)
IELTS: 7.5 (Min. 6.5 in W)

khaleesiv

Jun 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roohbir said:
Hello there,
I'll be applying for M.Eng(Mechanical) program at Concordia University for Jan 2016 intake along with a few PG Diploma courses.
So, what do you guys reckon about my chances at Concordia.
Profile:
Grade 10: 85%
Grade 12: 80%
B.E. Mechanical: 68% (2015 passout)
IELTS: 7.5 (Min. 6.5 in W)
You've a pretty good chance, don't lose hope. When you've done a Bachelors degree, always opt for Master's. PG diploma's would do you no good in the long run. It is after all money you're going to spend.

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Khaleesiv,
Thanks for replying. I kinda lost hope after I was not accepted at Dalhousie University and U of Windsor. Moreover, I've heard that a lesser number of students are accepted for jan intake. Is that true?
Now, suppose I dont get admitted for jan intake, should I go for PGD, or shall I wait for Sep 2016 session? Moreover, I'll be unemployed for one year till sep 2016, It'll be hard for me to cover this gap of 1 year. :(

lincolnghotra

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
roohbir said:
Hi Khaleesiv,
Thanks for replying. I kinda lost hope after I was not accepted at Dalhousie University and U of Windsor. Moreover, I've heard that a lesser number of students are accepted for jan intake. Is that true?
Now, suppose I dont get admitted for jan intake, should I go for PGD, or shall I wait for Sep 2016 session? Moreover, I'll be unemployed for one year till sep 2016, It'll be hard for me to cover this gap of 1 year. :(
Do not afraid of gap. Main v saal ik vehla reha uthe.. Ik saal da gap matter Ni krda..

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Bro,

I have applied for Masters industrial engg from concordia for Jan 2016 intake. Lets stay in touch.

I have completed my application and sent all the docs on DHL too. Anxious waiting time starts from now. ::)

My profile:
B.E. mechanical 60%.
3yrs work exp as materials engineer with aerospace firm.
IELTS: a perfect 7 in all sections! ;D

Actually your 12th and 10th scores are not required and not considered. Don't have to put it in your profile.

Also, what do u think of my chances of acceptance?

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kartz
That's great
Well with 3yrs of experience, you're definitely ahead of others. Hope you get the acceptance letter soon. :)

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roohbir said:
@ kartz
That's great
Well with 3yrs of experience, you're definitely ahead of others. Hope you get the acceptance letter soon. :)
Thanks man! hope you make it too. All the best :)

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
roohbir said:
Hi Khaleesiv,
Hi Roohbir, Concordia Univetsity has May intake as well. Hope for the best. Which city are you from?

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
roohbir said:
Thanks Komal. I'm from Chandigarh.
That's great. I am also from Chandigarh. I have sent many student to Concordia University who are studying there and are in constant touch with me via facebook and whatsapp. If you need any help/ suggestion then you can get back to me.
All the best

Jul 4, 2015
Hi,
I have applied to dalhouise University for Master of Applied Computer Science for Jan 2016 intake. My profile is as below :-
10th - 79%
12th - 69%
B.E. - 69%
IEELTS - 7bands

Professional Exp. - 2.6 years
What do you think about my chances of getting admission ?

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patelsachin444 said:
Hi,
I have applied to dalhouise University for Master of Applied Computer Science for Jan 2016 intake. My profile is as below :-
10th - 79%
12th - 69%
B.E. - 69%
IEELTS - 7bands

Professional Exp. - 2.6 years
What do you think about my chances of getting admission ?
You have experience. I guess there's no reason why they wont accept your application :)