+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia 2019 - winter

Gsan

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,
I have applied to the software engineering program at Concordia in May 15, 2018 for the winter 2019 semester. I received an email which guides me to find a supervisor. I have contacted 7 supervisors for MASc- software engineering program, and I did not receive any answer yet.

should I email the graduate admission office and tell them about the situation ?
what happens if non of the supervisors replied to my emails ?

I have been waiting for an answer for 2 and half months ...
is it normal that the processing time for the applications is that long ?

Best Regards,

thuanhduong01

Oct 2, 2017
Hi Gsan,

Are you waiting for the admission result and response from professors as well?

I also applied for a graduate program for Winter 2019 intake at Concordia on 31st May, still haven't received anything up to now. They said it took 12 weeks to process. I emailed them at the end of the 8th week to ask for my application status and got an answer telling me to wait for another 3-4 weeks :)

I guess this is how they normally take time to consider application.

Good luck with your application btw :)
Thu

Last edited:

Gsan

Jul 28, 2018
Thank you for replying,
I hope that we both and all the candidates get accepted :)
I will keep the thread updated with my admission's result date and if u get your admission results pleasee inform me on this thread...
Beeeeeeeeeeeeest of Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck !
Gsan

fiibi

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Ghana
Visa Office......
Accra
Thank you for replying,
I hope that we both and all the candidates get accepted :)
I will keep the thread updated with my admission's result date and if u get your admission results pleasee inform me on this thread...
Beeeeeeeeeeeeest of Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck !
Gsan
Hello guys! I’ve also applied to the MA Educational Technology program for Winter 2019. I submitted application on the 25th of June and got a change in status on 18th July saying the file is under review. Same response goes for me, it takes 12 weeks after the files are completed. I just hope we get our offers in time to apply for the CAQ

Reactions: Gsan

Gsan

Jul 28, 2018
Best of luck fiibi
Hello guys! I’ve also applied to the MA Educational Technology program for Winter 2019. I submitted application on the 25th of June and got a change in status on 18th July saying the file is under review. Same response goes for me, it takes 12 weeks after the files are completed. I just hope we get our offers in time to apply for the CAQ

saikiran_ask

Jul 31, 2018
Hi guys,
I applied for MAC 2019 Jan intake on 15th may. I didn't get any response from them. I mailed them about the status of the application, they replied to me saying that it will take a few more days for the final decision. BTW what is the min percentage and IELTS score in order to get into Concordia?

Gsan

Jul 28, 2018
Hi guys,
I applied for MAC 2019 Jan intake on 15th may. I didn't get any response from them. I mailed them about the status of the application, they replied to me saying that it will take a few more days for the final decision. BTW what is the min percentage and IELTS score in order to get into Concordia?
hello Saikiran,
The minimum percentage is related to GPA. For example, the Software engineering department requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 which is 80% to get in the graduate program.

The min IELTS required is 6.0 total ; however, this may result in giving remedial English Courses....
if you have a total of 6.5, you wont need any remedial English Courses....

can you give me the Email that u have used to send mails to Concordia univ?

Best of Luck

saikiran_ask

Jul 31, 2018
hello Saikiran,
The minimum percentage is related to GPA. For example, the Software engineering department requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 which is 80% to get in the graduate program.

The min IELTS required is 6.0 total ; however, this may result in giving remedial English Courses....
if you have a total of 6.5, you wont need any remedial English Courses....

can you give me the Email that u have used to send mails to Concordia univ?

Best of Luck
Hi,
I used this mail 'study@concordia.ca'. I have applied for Master of applied computing, I have 73.33% and 7.0 bands. What are my chances to get into Concordia?

Gsan

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,
I used this mail 'study@concordia.ca'. I have applied for Master of applied computing, I have 73.33% and 7.0 bands. What are my chances to get into Concordia?
Dear Saikiran,
you have a good IELTS , but I dont really know the criteria of giving admission to students. As far as i know , Concordia university has a good accepting rate compared to other institutes....
Can u tell me much time they took to respond to your emails which are directed to this address 'study@concordia.ca'?
I hope that u get admitted
Best of luck

saikiran_ask

Jul 31, 2018
Dear Saikiran,
you have a good IELTS , but I dont really know the criteria of giving admission to students. As far as i know , Concordia university has a good accepting rate compared to other institutes....
Can u tell me much time they took to respond to your emails which are directed to this address 'study@concordia.ca'?
I hope that u get admitted
Best of luck
They took around max 2 days or one day.

marianalira

Aug 9, 2018
Hi,
I applied to M.A.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering and finished my application by June 15th.
On the 10th of July, my status changed to "Your file has been reviewed and a supervisor needs to be identified before a decision can be made".
I contacted some potencial supervisors, but none replied yet. What happens if no supervisor choose me? Can I be invited to attend to MEng in ECE?
When are the acceptance letter that needs a supervisor usually sent?

marianalira

Aug 9, 2018
Actually, If you like to attend the MASc program , one supervisor has to accept you first. Without any supervisor , it's won't be possible to get admission MASc. Often this kind of scenario university like to offer MEng program to those kind of student. MEng is much lower in quality and easy to get Admission. There are few problem if you are in MEng program:
1. Higher tuition.
2. Less value.
3. You can't do PHD right after that.
4. No TA, RA option.

Every term, each of the professor receive 1000s of email for MASc, specially good school prof. Unless your proposal and undergrand research are extra ordinary, no one usually respond.

Remember Meng is sounds good as a masters if you tell someone who has no canadian academic knowledge but its pretty much nurse vs doctor when compare with MASc. Note: If you are really really a good student or smart , then MEng can take you far too. I am just giving example based on an average student.
Thanks for this answer! I didn't know about the itens 2 and 4...
I already have a M.A.Sc in ECE from my original country. I applied to another because I wanted to change the subject of my research, but I'd rather go as a MEng student than not go at all. I hope I get some professor to choose me or at least I hope an offer to MEng if it doesn't happen.