27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
CONCERNS OF BEING DENIED RE-ENTRY
« on: April 15, 2012, 12:17:28 am »
Quote Modify Remove

I HAVE BEEN PLANNING TO GO BACK HOME FOR SOME TIME NOW. I HAVE A VALID OWP, AND WILL BE APPLYING FOR A MULTIPLE TRV AS SOON AS I GET THE "GOOD TO GO" LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER. WHAT CONCERNS ME IS THAT DURING AN INQUIRY ABOUT MY RE- ENTRY AT THE IMMIGRATION CENTRE, THEY TOLD ME THAT THERE'S STILL A POSSIBILITY THAT I CAN BE DENIED ENTERING CANADA AGAIN. WHAT IS THE LIKELIHOOD OF THIS?. I WOULD THINK THAT MAYBE THE PRESENT STATUS OF MY PR APPLICATION HAS AN ADVERSE EFFECT OF MY RE- ENTRY: THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION IS STILL UNDER REVIEW, AS IT STATES THAT ONE OF MY SONS IS DEEMED MEDICALLY INADMISSIBLE UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE. I AM VERY FEARFUL THAT IF I WAS TO GO HOME, IN SPITE OF HAVING ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS STATED, THAT AT THE BORDER GOING BACK, THEY MAY HOLD THIS PARTICULAR INADMISSIBILITY OF A FAMILY MEMBER AGAINST ME, AND CONSEQUENTLY DENY ME RE-ENTRY. IN OF NEED CLARIFICATIONS, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I think you have posted your concerns in other forums ... looks like you are still unsure. I do understand where you are coming from. I am also going back home this May and will also be re-entering Canada last week of May also. I have also exited out and re-entered Canada twice on a WP and have a pending PR application. I'll try to put some answers on your concerns - though I am not an expert.

You have a valid OWP right? And you will get a letter of employment/certificate of employment from your employer and then apply for a TRV. Right now, your current status is that of a worker with a valid OWP. In my opinion this is the only thing which applies to you now - your current family(?) application should not affect your current status.

Read here for more information. This is the principle of dual-intent. I see there are specific scenarios as examples and in particular, #2 seems to be closest.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp

The main thing you have to note is that when you come back - you would need to convince the border agents that you will abide by the duration of your permitted stay in Canada as stated in your WP and in your resident's permit (not the entry visa). Now, in my opinion I deem it important that your WP and resident's permit do not expire in less than 6 months from the date of your travel, longer is much better. Although it is not specified, I noticed in my travels that border agents are much more inclined to question re-entrants that have documents wherein their permitted stay is close to expiry (2mos may cut it too close). Have in hand your IDs - anything which shows proven ties to Canada and have been here for x amount of years. It does not also hurt if you ask your employer for a letter stating you are on-leave and will be travelling, and expected to return by <date> to resume your employment.

The other way that you will know if you have problems re-entering is when your TRV application get's refused :). But in my opinion, if you satisfy all requirements, you should not have problems getting a TRV. Also, if for any reason, ANY of your legal documents (WP, passport etc.) is expiring within 6 months from your planned trip - this is can be a reason for refusal.

/I hope this helps....

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
ragluf said:
Hi,

I think you have posted your concerns in other forums ... looks like you are still unsure. I do understand where you are coming from. I am also going back home this May and will also be re-entering Canada last week of May also. I have also exited out and re-entered Canada twice on a WP and have a pending PR application. I'll try to put some answers on your concerns - though I am not an expert.

You have a valid OWP right? And you will get a letter of employment/certificate of employment from your employer and then apply for a TRV. Right now, your current status is that of a worker with a valid OWP. In my opinion this is the only thing which applies to you now - your current family(?) application should not affect your current status.

Read here for more information. This is the principle of dual-intent. I see there are specific scenarios as examples and in particular, #2 seems to be closest.

The main thing you have to note is that when you come back - you would need to convince the border agents that you will abide by the duration of your permitted stay in Canada as stated in your WP and in your resident's permit (not the entry visa). Now, in my opinion I deem it important that your WP and resident's permit do not expire in less than 6 months from the date of your travel, longer is much better. Although it is not specified, I noticed in my travels that border agents are much more inclined to question re-entrants that have documents wherein their permitted stay is close to expiry (2mos may cut it too close). Have in hand your IDs - anything which shows proven ties to Canada and have been here for x amount of years. It does not also hurt if you ask your employer for a letter stating you are on-leave and will be travelling, and expected to return by <date> to resume your employment.

The other way that you will know if you have problems re-entering is when your TRV application get's refused :). But in my opinion, if you satisfy all requirements, you should not have problems getting a TRV. Also, if for any reason, ANY of your legal documents (WP, passport etc.) is expiring within 6 months from your planned trip - this is can be a reason for refusal.

/I hope this helps....
thanks Ragluf for ur patience in replying to my concerns. i know that u have seen similar queries that i have in other forum, and I admit that I am unsure of my re- entry, with that being said, u were able to clarify some of my doubts. i will definitely check out the link that u gave me..i wish u safe travel and God bless :)

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
ragluf said:
Hi,

/I hope this helps....
ragluf said:
Hi,

/I hope this helps....
ragluf said:
Hi,

/I hope this helps....
hello ragluf, ive already submitted my TRV application on april 18.. im just curious, have u got ur TRV yet? how long did it take u? thanks