+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

concern with previous letters of reference and contracts

nandan_ph

May 10, 2013
Hi all,

Before I start my story I would like say a big thanks to all the peeps on this forum who have been helping others. Since I have decided to apply for the PR, this forum has become my source for all the queries I have. Really truly appreciate it !!!

Now coming to my concern..

CIC has asked for ref letters and contracts (additional document) for last 3 years. I am covered in terms of Canadian documents for 1 year as they are perfect. But previously I worked in Australia for 2 years. And I have reference letters and contracts from those companies too.

The problem is that those reference letters do not cover all the stated requirements, i.e. no. of hours I worked and my salary. But they do explain my position and role.

So I thought I'll attach contracts to cover these missing aspects. I had 2 contracts with both the companies and both the first contracts are missing my recruiter's signature. Do you think this is a issue? Anybody who can share their experience or suggestions are welcome.

Now if I look at all the documents they cover all the info. As my reference letters state the total period I worked and the second contracts are with proper signatures and all.

Kindly let me know if my case is unclear to you.

Regards
Nandan

Aussieaussie!

Mar 12, 2013
Hmm, I thought with CEC all was only required to provide documents of companies you have worked with only in Canada in the past few years.

Did they say they require documents of work from other countries? By the way which stage are you at of the application process if you don't mind me asking?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Letters are required only for work experience in Canada in the past 3 years. You do not need to provide letters for employment outside Canada.

I agree, it's a little hard to tell if you have already applied and CEC has asked for more documents, or if you are getting ready to apply now...

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Aussieaussie! said:
Hmm, I thought with CEC all was only required to provide documents of companies you have worked with only in Canada in the past few years.

Did they say they require documents of work from other countries? By the way which stage are you at of the application process if you don't mind me asking?
You are correct. If this is for the purpose of verifying work experience required for CEC, then only Canadian employers and only work performed in Canada matter so it's Canadian employers for the past 3 years. If you've worked for other employers outside Canada, you should indicate it in the background check information/forms but it is not required or usable for the purposes of CEC. No contract/reference letter required either for non-Canadian employers.

nandan_ph

May 10, 2013
ohh I am so sorry.. forgot to mention that I am just gathering all the documents right now..

and when I said 'CIC has asked' I meant the document checklist (IMM5610E) says.. up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 3 years so I thought in my case it will be 1 Canada + 2 Australia

logically what you say makes sense.. as it's canadian Exp class so my experience outside Canada shouldn't matter.

Cheers